8th April, 1963

John sat on the chair in the hospital waiting room, nervously biting his nails. Cynthia had been taken into the delivery room an hour ago, but John wasn't allowed in. No men were allowed inside, infact, only women could even think about entering.

That meant an hour of having no idea how Cynthia was doing. He didn't know what to feel, waiting wasn't his strong point, especially not in a situation like this.

Surely the nurses should come out at some point and tell John how she's doing? They can't just expect him to wait here the whole time without any idea of what's happening behind the doors... Can they?

John sat in that same seat for another hour, eyes beginning to flutter shut, when the door flew open with force, a nurse running straight down the corridor. Another nurse stood at the door, a stressed look also on her face, watching intensely as her colleague ran down the corridor.

"W-Whats happening?" John asked, eyes filling with worry. The woman turned to look at him, an equally as worried look on her face.

"Sir... Give us time, please..." She stressed.

"Time?! It's been two fucking hours and I haven't heard a word! I've been alone... Just... Waiting!"

"I know, I know and I'm-"

"What is it?!" A male doctor shouted, throwing open the doors to the corridor, the same nurse from before following behind closely. He looked mortified.

"She's in here..." The nurse stood at the door replied, now completely ignoring John. She moved out of the way for the doctor and the other nurse to enter the room.

John was furious that this man was allowed inside but he wasn't. He rose to his feet, stopping the nurse from closing the door with his foot.

"Sir, please don't-"

"No! She's my wife! If you're going to let him inside then why can't you let me?!" Anger struck his voice.

"Because he's going to try and save your wife's life!" She called at him, her eyes looking distressed.

John just stared into her eyes, hoping to find some sign of this all being some sort of joke... A hint that he was in a dream and he was going to wake up any second.

"Maya!" A horrified voice from inside yelled at her, causing the nurse to lose any eye contact.

"Give us time, sir." She repeated, this time at almost a whisper.

John watched as she closed the door abruptly, starting at the only object stopping him from seeing his wife again. His... Family? The baby that he wasn't even sure would survive.

They were all behind that wall, without him.

He wished he could just break down the door, run in and embrace Cynthia in a comforting hug, tell her she's doing great... But he felt he couldn't move.

The man felt so helpless, powerless. His body fell to the ground as he began to sob into his hands.

"Fuck!" He cried out, throwing himself around on the floor as the tears kept flowing. "Why? Why?!" The man continued to call throughout the corridor, but nobody other than himself could hear.

His cries soon turned into pitiful sobs, and those sobs came to an abrupt pause as he heard a cry from inside of the room. It was a high pitched noise, more of a scream than a cry, and he knew that was his baby.

Their baby.

He remained frozen for a few seconds, staring at the ground, trying to concentrate on any screams he could hear. As soon as the noise stopped, he tensed up, panic once again rushing though him.