29.

28th April, 1963

Mimi had called round to pick up Julian half an hour before and spend the day with him while the four lads painted the baby's room. But he hadn't really been away from Julian at all in the last almost 3 weeks, and so was missing and worrying about him greatly.

There were multiple times that he considered calling up Mimi and checking on him, but he knew he had to do this. After all, Mimi was basically his grandma and John wanted the two to have a good bond.

And also the fact that she had only left the house 15 minutes ago also stopped him. There was no way that she would have reached home yet, especially if she was walking. She wouldn't be near a phone anyway.

He tried to calm his mind, occupying himself with trying to tidy the house up a bit. He didn't mind Paul seeing it a mess, the boy was probably used to it by now anyway, but if George and Ringo saw the state that the house was in right now, they'd believe he was still in an extremely bad place.

But in all honesty, he did feel better.

John grabbed the duster from underneath the kitchen sink and carried it into the living room with him. The man walked over to the living room curtains and opened them fully, for what felt like the first time in weeks.

Obviously he'd seen the state of the small front garden he owned before, but never from this angle.

God, that looks a mess...

The small bushes were in dire need of cutting down and the weeds growing through the flag tiles that made the path could be mistaken for mini bushes themselves. And the fence at the end of the garden needed a desperate repaint.

He sighed to himself, wanting to just slam the curtains shut once again and never have to look at that mess ever again. But he knew that the room was already getting dusty enough with the recent loss of light, so it was a lot better to keep them opened.

As he crouched down next to the fireplace, he began to dust around the edges, freezing when he came to the photo of him and Stuart (from the folder Astrid gave him) that was sat on the mantle peice. He smiled gently and it and placed it back down.

After around 10 more minutes of dusting objects like the lampshades, the TV stand and even underneath the record player in the corner (that he had somehow managed to forget existed), there was a knock at the door.

John rushed to the door, realising it was one of the boys. Throwing the duster to the side, he hoped it was Paul.

Please be Paul

Please be Paul

And there he was, stood in his full glory, Paul McCartney.

John grabbed his arm and pulled him inside, slamming the door shut behind. He pushed Paul back to the wall and attacked him with his lips. The younger immediately kissed back, raising his hands from his sides and to John's hips.

John ran his hands through Paul's hair, and after a few seconds, he pulled away. Paul whined at the sudden loss of contact, opening his eyes and frowning at John who just laughed in return.

The older man freed himself from Paul's right grip around his waist and backed up.

"Tea?"

"Yes please, love" John nodded, heading for the kitchen, checking Paul was following. "So, Julian not here then?" He asked, peering into the living room.

"No... I'm missing him a lot." John sighed, reaching into the cupboard for two mugs.

"I bet you are." Paul added, grabbing the milk out of the fridge and helping John. "Is he with Mimi?"

"Yeah." He nodded in reply, reaching into the oven job for the kettle and taking it over to the sink. "I'm guessing you haven't told Jane yet?"

Paul frowned, looking down.

"No... I will do though, I swear. I just need to figure out what to say. I mean I don't want her to get too angry with me and like cut up my clothes and throw me onto the streets or somethin'."

"You can come and live here." John added immediately, almost letting the kettle overflow with water as he gave his full attention to Paul now instead.

"Really?" The younger asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah of course. We're in this together now, right?" John smiled, placing the kettle back on the hob and turning it on to boil. Paul nodded furiously, face still showing surprise. "I mean, I know it's all happening fast... But you even told me that you think Jane feels the same... So I don't think she'll be as distraught as you seem to think she will, Macca." He explained, running his right hand comfortingly down the others arm.

"I know. I just really don't want to leave it on a bad note. She's a great person."

"I know Macca." John sighed. At that very moment there was a knock at the door, casing Paul to jump. "Hey, calm down love. It's one of the boys."

"Oh yeah."

"You stay with the tea." John told him, jogging to the door.

When he opened it, he saw George, carrying a few paintbrushes and having a smile on his face.

"Ready to paint, Lenny?" He smirked, playfully.

"Of course, come in Hazza." John saw him smile at the nickname and how the man infront of him was beginning to return to his normal self.