Photograph

The rest of their days and nights there were calm. Extremely calm. Maybe because of his injury, maybe because of their discussions every night before they fall sleep. All that mattered was that they were ok.

Until they arrived back home. Kerem insisted on dropping her at her house and the closer they got he could see that she was getting more and more tense.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asks as he parks the car.

"Yeah... I just... I don't feel like going in there. I love my family, I do, but they can be too much and now they'll ask all the wrong questions..." she sighs in defeat.

"I've been meaning to ask you. Don't get me wrong but why aren't you moving out?"

"My brother... it's a long story." Ayse says and just like that the smile is back on her face. "I had a great almost-week and I have to thank you for that."

"It was all my pleasure. Even the head bump." He says and he laughs.

"I'll call you later ok? Get some rest. She smiles and she leaves.

Kerem does as instructed and he wakes up from a phone call two hours later. His sleepy brain doesn't really function so it takes him a minute to understand that it's Ayse.

"Ayse?" Is she crying? "What's wrong baby?" he asks and he stands up as her sobbing gets worse.

All he can understand is his name. "Get ready. I'm coming to get you." And with that he closes the phone and runs to change his clothes.

He's outside of her house and he's about to call her when he sees her escaping from her window.

"What happened?" He asks but when he sees her puffy from crying eyes he just starts the car.

He parks the car two blocks down and he turns to face her. Tears are streaming down her face and he just can't bear this sight.

"Hey..." he whispers and he puts a strand of hair behind her ear so he can see her face.

Ayse looks at him and a new round of tears begins. He wipes them and he takes her in his arms. "What did he say?" He doesn't have to explain, both of them know who Kerem means.

"Can you just take me away for a while? That's all I need right now."

"Sure but your mom..." he kisses the top of her head.

"She will be in my aunt's house for the next two days. That's why all this happen. Please Kerem." She looks at him and he can't say no. Not when she looks at him with pleading eyes.

"Okay." It's all he says and he begins to drive.