Chapter 2: Meeting the Patients Part 2

"Be careful with Hannibal. He's incredibly smart, but he uses his brain to manipulate. He's calm and easy to trust, but he's one of the most dangerous people we have in the entire asylum." Melanie's voice is grave and cautious, dripping with fear as well. "We can't go inside his cell, either, he's much too violent." Melanie stopped in front of a cell, the entire wall facing the hallway being made of pure glass. Behind it, a man sat on a chair with his back facing you.

"(Y/N), is it?" his voice is distorted by the glass, but it still sends a shiver down your spine. The man behind the glass radiates a sort of all-too-sweet kindness, screaming at you to keep your head clear.

"Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you. Dr. Lecter, is it?" you ask, watching his every movement as he slowly rises from his chair, turning to face the glass. He stands like a statue, completely unmoving save for his slow, analyzing blinks.

"Please, do call me Hannibal," he says, nodding a greeting to Melanie, "How are the other patients, Dr. Crotus?" Hannibal asks with a slight tilt to his head, "Especially Mr. Myers after that shock." you flick a glance at Melanie, cocking an eyebrow. He really was observant.

"He's just fine, and the other's we've seen so far are doing good as well," Melanie just smiled at you, a silent 'I told you so', "How are you?"

Hannibal took a moment to think, forming his words strategically, then smiled lightly as he spoke,

"A little bit cramped, but that's to be expected. Is Ms. (Y/N) the caretaker who will finally grant me time outdoors?" Melanie let out a chuckle, smiling sympathetically.

"You know the rules, Hannibal. The government has withheld those rights, you aren't allowed out of your cell." you could hear genuine sympathy in Melanie's voice, Hannibal just giving a slow nod.

"That's quite alright, dear, I understand," he said, turning to go sit back down at his desk, "I'd hate to hold you here, Danny has been... excited, these last few minutes. He wishes to meet the 'pretty, young new nurse'." you smiled at Hannibal's almost-mocking tone, letting Melanie say a quick farewell and behind to lead you away.

"It was nice to meet you, Hannibal." you say before following behind Dr. Crotus to the cell facing Hannibal's.

"Next, you'll be meeting Danny Johnson. He's extremely, extremely violent when he wants to be, so he's heavily guarded. Keep near the door, and just like with Michael Myers, don't take your eyes off of him." Melanie explained deliberately slowly, making sure you absorbed every single word. You simply nod, not wanting to get another patient shocked for your sake. The door opens with a click and you're led into a room with eight guards. Michael only had four.

All of these guards were armed with the tasers that had been used on Michael.

"Oh, hey there, sweetheart!" a man with black hair leaped from his spot cross-legged on the bed, his yellow eyes ablaze with content. "Nice to see a new face around here!" he moves towards you, arms extended in an obvious hug. You wouldn't have minded, if you were being honest, but the guards immediately set forwards, pushing Danny backwards with the simple threat of the weaponized electricity. His hands flew up defensively, "Woooooah!" he shouted, scuttling backwards. Once he was a safe distance away he held the back of his hand to his forehead, scoffing playfully. "I'm honestly wounded! I just wanted to greet the new girl like a true gentleman would!" the guards back down, backs to the walls once more with their weapons still prepped and ready. You feel bad for Danny, he just wanted to say hello.

"(Y/N), stop!" Melanie gasps as you start forwards, extending a hand. The guards all leap to your rescue, but a withering glare silences them all.