Chapter 18: No Need to Get Ahead of Ourselves

"Wow- I've hardly been here for a week and I'm being broken out?" Leslie smiles, stepping through the now-open door. "How kind of you guys!" you could see he was trying to contain his bubbling excitement at the sight of the Hannibal Lecter, Ghostface himself, Norman Bates, and Brahms Heelshire. You follow behind with your head bowed self-consciously, guilt gnawing at your insides as Norman skips right over Freddy's cell.

"What the hell? You're just gonna ditch me?" Freddy growls through his window, and you shoot him an apologetic glance, though you don't say a word. It isn't fair to ditch him here- you can't just let him rot alone, but what say do you have in this situation? Norman stopped in front of the joint cells, Bo's cell, to be exact. Before he scanned the keycard and opened the door, he turned to Hannibal Lecter with a questioning look on his face.

"Where are Michael and Jason?" he asked, and Hannibal smiled lightly- he almost seemed proud to know the answer, somehow.

"Securing our escape, and making sure the guards are all held up." Hannibal explained, making you shudder at the thought of Michael and Jason in danger- no, no, don't be worried for them, (Y/N), they're killing people! You shudder at the thought of them killing people. Norman nods his head in an obvious approval and scans the keycard. Bo steps from his room with a stretch and a smile as Vincent is released, and then Thomas and Bubba.

"Well ain't that a sight for sore eyes?" Bo smirks at you, "Lil' miss goody two shoes supportin' the psychopath revolution?" his eyebrows furrowed into a curious look, and you meet his gaze head-on with a steely one of your own.

"No. I'm against this. I'm scared you guys are going to get shot." you say bluntly, and Bo clicks his tongue, holding up his hands defensively in exchange for your pissy attitude. Who could blame you? Vincent approaches Bo, standing glued to his side with a watchful gaze, scanning the hallways for any and all signs of danger.

"Are we the only ones left?" Thomas' voice touches your ears, and you spot the tall, burly man with his slightly shorter brother at his side.

"Yes- we just have to find Michael and Jason, and then we can be on our-"

"What about Freddy?" you interject in a sudden moment of confidence, immediately regretting the tone of your voice and the set of your shoulders when Norman's withering glare turns to you.

His usual softness is completely contrasted by this determined, terrifying replacement present in the rush to escape.

"What about him? He isn't one of us. We don't know him." Norman claims with a shrug, his dark eyes seeming to challenge you to say more. You swallow the lump in your throat, raising your chin defiantly and crossing your arms.

"So? You think he deserves to rot? He's my patient too, and I won't let you guys go if he isn't brought along. It's all of you, or none of you." you stay unflinching under his searing eyes, and at last, with a huff, he tosses you the keys. You catch them- though just barely- and smile through your victory.

"I'll come with you, Sweetheart." Danny offers, "These other guys can go find big Mike and Jay Jay." you grin gratefully, and nod your head, scanning the others in a silent invitation for any of them to come along as well.

"Sure, I don't mind that." Bo shrugs, learning a nod from Vincent as well. Your smile only grows, and you spin on your heel without another word to the others, hoping they could sense your irritation. Danny hurries to catch up to you as Bo and Vincent trail behind, the former muttering to his twin brother quietly.

"Hey." he says simply, and you respond with your own curt hello. "I know breaking us all out of this asylum is, like... very illegal. You're doing one hell of a deed here." he smiles at you, his expression softening into one portraying his truly deep and honest care for you and what you're doing. You tuck a strand of hair behind you ear, smiling back at him.