Chapter 8: You Owe Me

(A/N): Right off the bat, mild trigger warning. I don't take anything too far because I'm an awkward bean who can't write anything NSFW or even close, so this shouldn't be too bad but I thought I'd add the warning anyways. Second, I actually really like this chapter. The writing isn't too bad, and I feel like I portrayed the emotions pretty good. That's all, for now. Enjoy this chapter :3

"You owe me, hmm?" his voice drips with a shadowed threat, your breathing stopping with a hitch as his own bellows against your neck and cheek, "Time to pay your debt~"

"What the hell, Cole?" you try to throw force into your words, but your quavering voice betrays the terror in the pit of your stomach. You push away, spinning to face him, but he pounces on you in seconds like a lion- or a snake, would be a better term. He looms over you, a little too close for comfort, and places his hands on your hips again. "Get the hell off of me!" your voice raises, making Cole wince.

"Shhh... sh sh shhh.." he soothes, gripping your chin tightly between his thumb and forefinger, forcing you to meet his gaze. Your stomach drops, and your heart leaps into your throat at the look in his eye. You know the word for it, but you don't want to let in the truth. "We wouldn't want anyone finding us, would we?" Cole whispered, and suddenly he lunged down, capturing your lips in his. You gasp, and try to shove him away, pulling your head to the side.

"Get off of me!" your voice raises higher, almost a shout, "Help! Please, anybo-" a hand slaps roughly over your mouth, his free arm pressing across your chest like a bar on a rollercoaster, though this was clearly less pleasant. Rage flared into his irises, and he propelled you backwards with amazing strength. You head smashed against the wall of the cell with a crash, and you let out a cry muffled by his hand. Cole's arm lifts to press against your throat, making you let out a whine as your air is cut off. Tears sting your eyes, and the lack of oxygen crept up on you like a predator.

"Get off of me!" you tried to say, but not even you understood the words. Cole lets out a dark chuckle and pulls his arm away from your throat to settle it on your side. Slowly, it slid upwards, making you shudder.

"I have an idea." he purrs, shifting his hand from your side to his back pocket. He pulled out a strip of fabric, tilting his head at you. Cole lifted the fabric, displaying the knot in the middle, an obvious gag. A sob escapes you and the tears spill over. You try to mumble out a 'no', and you shake your head, squeezing your eyes shut. "I'm sorry, baby. But if you won't cooperate..." he paused, running his hand over your cheek and wiping away your tears, "I'll make you." the words set off something inside you, an explosion of fear and rage and terror, one last flame of hope. You twist your head away, breaking free from his crushing grip on your jaw, and you sink your teeth into his hand. He lets out a scream and brings his knee up and into your ribs, knocking the breath out of you with a half-assed attempt to cry out and wake somebody up. "You bitch!" he spat, watching as you doubled over onto your knees. Pain searing through your stomach and the breath struggled to re-enter your lungs, both things amplified as Cole planted the heel of his beet in your side, knocking you over onto the ground.

"F-F-Fuck... y-you!" you force out in a wheeze, making Cole laugh.

"I was going to make this nice for you, too." he growls, all amusement from your earlier words gone, "But if you want to be like this, that has to change." Cole lunged at you again, jamming the knotted fabric in your mouth, further blocking off your airflow. One knee plants down on your arm, the other pressing against the side of your face to help keep it in place while he ties the fabric behind your head. You began to thrash and kick, trying to scream but no air found your lungs.

Your free hand fastened down on his arm, and with as much strength as you could muster your nails dug into his skin, deep, deeper, peeling his flesh away and streaking new blood across his arm. He let out another cry, and simultaneously your lungs reopened and you sucked in a choking breath through the fabric gag. As Cole clutched his bleeding arm in pain, you sucked in as much air as you possibly could, and then let all of it out in a muffled, quiet cry that simply earned one thing in return; Cole's hand slapped fiercely across your cheek, sending you sprawling to the ground. Cole growled, then dropped to his knees and flipped you onto your back. He set himself on top of you, straddling your hips. He leaned forwards, hovering over you and breathing heavily. The anger in his eyes eased until only that look remained once more.