Chapter 15: Lost your Footing

People had been more than confused when you went searching for Melanie, claiming you had 'caught another killer'. Melanie had been even more confused to see Freddy Krueger, glove, burns and all, cursing her out and throwing all sorts of death threats in her direction. You didn't know whether the Head Nurse was proud of you or annoyed- the answer was most likely somewhere in the middle. Freddy definitely wasn't the most pleasant person to be around. Your new wounds were tended to rather quickly, and by the time you were exiting the infirmary and heading back to your room, Freddy had gotten his glove removed, and had been given the standard clothing all of the patients got. He was still cursing and hissing as guards escorted him in your direction, back towards his cell. His burning red-orange gaze seared into yours, a rage like none other flickering within them.

"You stupid cunt, let me the fuck out of here!" Freddy growled, and the guards just kept walking, dragging him along with them. You avert your gaze from his, crossing your arms self consciously and walking a little bit faster. You heard Freddy let out a wicked, victorious cackle, seeing that he'd gotten through and scared you. You had to fight the urge to turn your head and watch the guards and the new patient leave, deciding to distract yourself with a little bit of small talk. You were standing in front of the split cells, three faces peering through the doors' windows belonging to Thomas, Bubba and Vincent. Bo's window was empty, the man nowhere to be seen. Having another patient who hated you made your chest tighten with stress, and you felt the sudden urge to try and work on your relationship with Bo. Approaching his window, you peered through the glass, spotting the man sat nonchalantly on the bed, back slumped against the wall and a bored expression on his face. His gaze flicked to the window for a moment, and he rolled his eyes, his chest heaving in a visible sigh.

"The hell do you want, new girl?" he grumbles, voice muffled by the glass, as always.

"Just... checking in." you say simply, your confidence dying just like that. Bo lets out yet another sigh, sitting up and getting to his feet. Slowly, he sauntered over to the window, leaning against the door.

"I see you had an eventful mornin'. The slasher catcher, eh?" Bo doesn't look too fond to be speaking to you, but you smile lightly at the fact that he's at least making an effort to do so thanks to your difficult past few days.

"You could definitely say that." you chuckle, fiddling with the hem of your shirt. It's quiet for a moment, an awkward quiet, and your mouth runs before you can weigh your words. "Why do you hate me?" you cringe at the sentence that leaves your mouth, and you see Bo's lips curl briefly into an amused smile.

"What makes you think that?" Now, he seems rather interested in your response, leaning a little closer to the window. You stare down at the floor, and then back towards Bo.

"You definitely don't try to hide it. You hate being around me." you force out another quick laugh, but it's sadder this time.

"Nah, I don't hate ya. You just... aren't the same as the last lady who was here." Bo runs a hand through his hair, "You take some gettin' used to, but you ain't all that bad," his smile feels more genuine than any you could ever possibly muster, and you want to keep speaking to him, but Melanie is suddenly hurrying down the hallway and calling out to you. You turn to face her, smiling shyly, and listening to the words tumbling from her mouth at a fast pace.

"We need you down in the new inmates cell. We have some more duties we'll be adding to your list, important ones that need to be explained to both you and the patient." she doesn't linger long, shooting a quick smile at Bo before turning and heading off towards the cell you had trapped Freddy inside of. You follow quickly, flashing an apologetic smile in Bo's direction and jogging quickly to catch up to the head nurse. "Sorry to drag you away," Melanie apologizes, smiling at you, "I'm glad you're finally getting along with him, at least a little bit better." her smile fades, replaced by a frown, "Freddy won't be as easy to befriend."