5. Shit Mom's & Cheating Dad's

Once again, Mom ropes me into yoga

Once again, Mom ropes me into yoga. Shaun manages to escape, claiming tomorrow's test more important than an hours workout, to which she eventually relents, though gives no illusions about me getting out of it. So, I do the only thing I can in this situation. I call Jasmine.

Now, here we are. Face down, ass up. Exhaling away our daily stresses.

"Great downward dog, ladies!" praises Mom doing her rounds. "Last position. Child's pose."

Jasmine effortlessly slides into the new position, elongating her spine in the perfect stretch. Me? I'm sure I manage it far less gracefully.

"Wanna grab a hot chocolate after this?" I ask, stretching my arms forwards. "I'm in the mood for some sugar."

"Sure! Anything that isn't liquidised kale," she replies, pulling a face. "Lucile is on another health kick."

Lucile–her older sister–is three days into her one week study leave from college and is apparently making Jasmine's life miserable.

"In that case, you absolutely must get whipped cream and marshmallows."

She smirks. "Duh!"

Mom finishes the session and thanks her usual crowd for coming. Jasmine and I attempt to quietly slip out but are stopped in our doing so by a group of interfering women.

"You go to school with Sienna Michaels, right?" One of them asks.

Jasmine steps up. "Umm...we did, yeah."

"Is it true she broke up with her boyfriend the day she was killed?"

What?

"That's news to me," shrugs Jasmine. "Helena?"

"I've not heard that," I offer, stepping aside to let some people exit. "Probably just rumours."

Or, is it?

"Well, you girls be careful. It's not safe out there."

We politely smile and side-step out of the studio, onto the freezing cold pavement. I wrap my arms around my front, shielding myself from the slight wind that has picked up. Luckily, the coffee shop is only a short walk away and offers refuge from the cold temperatures.

"Two hot chocolates?" asks the waitress, dumping both mugs onto our table once we nod.

I immediately spoon some cream into my mouth, enjoying the sweetness.

"How's the investigation going?" asks Jasmine, chewing a marshmallow.

"Good. Kinda. It's harder than it looks," I admit.

She smiles.

"But Sienna breaking up with Lewis is another clue."