7. G'night Gorgeous

"Hold up a sec," requests Elliot, struggling to digest my news

"Hold up a sec," requests Elliot, struggling to digest my news. "She was having an affair with a professor from Harvard?"

I nod. "According to Chloe, she's had a professor on the go for a few months. I made the assumption he was from Harvard."

"How?" he asks, pacing the length of the section of the library we're hauled up in. "It's over five-hundred miles away."

"Maybe he has family over here and travels a lot? I don't know?"

I does seem like a stretch but how else would she have guaranteed a place in one of America's top Ivy League colleges? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Harvard do not accept average grades!

"We need to find out which professor," he states, finally sitting down. "Any ideas how we're gonna do that?"

I nod. "But you're not gonna like it."

An hour later, we're sat sieving through Sienna's Instagram account, hoping to catch a glimpse of this professor. Of course, we don't think she was stupid enough to actually post a picture of them together, but perhaps he's loitering in the background of some? After all, Sienna never could resist the perfect 'selfie moment'.

"Anything?" asks Elliot, rubbing his tired face.

"Nothing," I admit, struggling to keep my eyes focused.

The library is due to close in thirty minutes and so far, all I've learned is that Sienna prefers her left side when snapping a pic.

"This is soul destroying," he moans, placing his phone face down.

"No pain, no gain, detective Evens."

He releases a sigh. "Yeah, yeah."

I continue to scroll and stop on a mirror selfie of Sienna in a hotel room captioned, 'Living my best life'. It's a flattering image, accentuating her cheekbones and natural beauty. She's wearing little to no makeup and smiles a smile worth a million bucks. Stunning.

I analyse the background and zoom in on a piece of clothing I recognise. It's clearly been disregarded on the floor, perhaps in the heat of passion? Thrown in a heap. Bundled up. Yet, the tweed blazer with suede elbow patches is still distinguishable. As are the initials sewn into the chest pocket; R.W.

"Fuck!"

For a moment, I forget where I am and am gifted a filthy look from the librarian in return. Elliot glances up immediately, taking my choice in language to mean I've had a breakthrough.

"What?"

"Sienna wasn't having an affair with a Harvard professor."

He frowns.

"She was having an affair with Principle Wilson."

****