She left me, didn't she?

"Spinel?"

Steven parroted back, questions filling his mind, as his gaze turned back to the new gem, Spinel apparently.

She looked up at Pearl, a small smile on her face before talking.

"Pearl. All these years and I've thought I'll never see you again"

Her voice was scratchy, like it haven't been used in years, but judging by the state of everything around her, it haven't. But it was also quiet, like she was afraid of breaking the silence more then they already have.

Pearl spoke, her eyes widing,  quietly, but not to quiet.

"Spinel. I-I thought you... Pink told everyone that you went missing from here."

Steven turned to this new gem, confused on this exchange between the two, just in time to see her face flash a look of betraly for a milli-second, before turning to a thought full one.

"Well, she's a liar," she said bluntly, before her eyes flickering to Steven, and finishing her thought, "and she left me here," her eyes turned to Pearl for this bit, "didn't she?"

Pearl stepped back in shock, not expecting Spinel to be direct, then she tried to speak, before getting caught on her words, and then eventually saying one word.
Just this one word turned Spinel from a statue, frozen in time, to a mad screaming thing that was trying to attack Pearl and Steven, and that word was 'yes'.