Crystal Gems?

Steven was to caught up by taking in Spinel's new form, that he didn't realise that she was staring at him with a confused, but angry look on her face.

"Ahhh!" he said in shock, face and arms going into their natrual shock place, but the gem only responded with putting a foot back and her arms going into a protective stance, which is addmittly really odd, because she had no real issue with attacking Pearl earlier, but maybe it was because she knew her, and was mad at her for some reason? Anyway, we need to focus at the matter at hand.

After what felt like forever of staring at eachother, Steven spoke up first, saying "Err- Hi! My name is Steven, what is your name?" he asks, despite knowing already, just to build up trust.

But it seems like she knew of this trick somehow and responded with "You know already, don't you?" she looks around, before asking another question "anyway, where are we?"

He just looks at her, like he is studing her face, making Spinel feel... unsettled. "Steven," she said this in a stern tone, taking the boy by suprise, "where are we?"

It took him a second to take that question in (after getting over tje initial shock), another second to think of an anwser, and a final second to actually say it.

"You are in the ruins, an battle or a training area for the Crystal Gems"

Then she asked a question he never thought he'd hear in his life.

"Who are the 'Crystal Gems'?"