Chapter 12

Slight TW: brief homophobic slurs.

Draco awoke with a start, heart practically skipping a beat, when he heard the distinct voice of his boyfriends voice, shouting.

Harry was angry. He recognised it. He could feel it. He supposed Harry was right, he really could sense Harry's emotion, even though he was outside the room. He made himself perfectly loud.

"You need to let me in!" He heard. He pushed his wing out of his eye line, and looked through the crooked blinds that were slightly open from his bed.

He watched as Harry became more and more angry, the three healers that Draco didn't know, refusing him access to him.

"Let me in!" He nearly screamed, thumping the door with his foot.

"Mr Potter, Mr Malfoy isn't in a state to see anybody at the moment. We need to make sure he's stable and—" One of the healers began.

"Can't you see that he's scared?!" He motioned violently to the window, through to Draco who was now wide eyed, hiding under the thin sheet that rested on the bed, only his head peeking through.

"Well, you're not helping the situation, are you? Mr Potter." Another of the three snapped. Harry recoiled at that, flinching backwards, his pupils dilating furiously.

"You think this is my fault?" He asked, directed at the middle healer, a rotund woman that reminded him a little of Umbridge. She stood, barricading the door, feet spread with one at either side of the doorframe.

"Of course it's your fault!" She laughed incredulously, as though there was something terribly funny about this whole situation.

"How is it my fault?" Harry growled. "How is it my fault!" He shouted at her, crowding into her personal space, crouching down so his face reached her level.

She blinked, trying not to show that she was slightly frightened by the Famous Harry Potter stood, screaming in her face.

"You- you're shouting at him-"

"At him?" Harry scoffed. "I'm shouting at you! Because you won't let me in!" Harry pulled at his hair, growling and breathing heavily through his nose, much like a werewolf about to transform.

"That's right. I won't let you in. Mr Malfoy, is in not state to have any visitors-"

"Visitors? Vi-Visitors?" He questioned. "Visitors!" He raised his voice once again.

She nodded smugly, knowing full well that the only person allowed access to Draco, other than the healers, was Harry. The other healers had moved out of the way at this point, glaring daggers at Healer... Montague. Montague was her name.

"I'm his fucking boyfriend, you bitch!" He strained, becoming so frustrated that the veins in his forehead began to bulge, and his neck became red, and started to tremble.

Healer Montague scoffed, chuckling to herself.
Harry face crinkled in confusion.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

She chuckled again, but not a happy chuckle. More of an exasperated, fed-up kind of chuckle, one with bad intentions.

"Of course you're gay. I should have known. Always causing a scene..."

Harry bore his teeth, clenching his jaw, and went to speak when Montague spoke up once more.

"And to make things even better!" She exaggeratedly waves her hands about, "Your boyfriend is a death eater. Of all the men you could have chosen," she grimaced at the thought of men with men, gagging quietly, "You choose death-eater sc—"