Chapter 17

Hermione and Ron arrived at Hogwarts later than expected, with Draco's sleeping draught lasting longer than they initially thought it would, they got there at around quarter to five. Harry was ordered to stay at home with Draco, the bond having a tendency to flare and strain when they weren't in the same building.

"Send us a patronus if anything happens." She said to Harry before she took Ron's arm and disapparated into Dumbledore's office. Well, it wasn't Dumbledore's office anymore. It was in fact, Neville's.

He'd done fairly well for himself, coming back to hogwarts as a Herbology teacher, and then being offered the position of headmaster by McGonagall, who told him that she was getting too old for the job, and that she'd go back to being the Transfiguration professor.

Apparition was easier than expected into his office, as Neville must have known they were coming, seeing as all the wards were disabled.

"Neville!" Hermione said, trotting up to him and hugging him tightly.

"Hi, Hermione. It's good to see you. You're looking well." He said, squeezing her tightly back.

"Hi, mate." Ron said, waving at him from the door. Neville smiled back warmly and raised his hand. "How's It going, Ron?" He asked, pulling him into a hug once he let go of Hermione.

"Yeah! Good..." He paused. "I suppose you know why we're here?"

"I do... I'm so sorry this had to happen to Harry and Draco. They don't deserve that." He smiled sadly.

Hermione and Ron nodded. "How did you know?" Ron asked, suddenly confused.

"I have my ways." He chuckled, reminding Ron so much of Dumbledore, it was almost funny.

"I'll leave you to it. His portrait is behind my desk, round the corner. Can't miss it." He smiled at them before turning around and walking out the door, mumbling something about going to have tea with McGonagall.

The door clicked shut with an echo as Neville closed it, and Hermione took Ron's hand and pulled him along to Dumbledore's portrait.

"Professor?" Hermione called.

"I'm not longer your professor, Miss Granger." Dumbledore smiled.

"And I'm no longer Miss Granger." She smiled back at him.

"My apologies. Mrs Granger-Weasley? Is it?" He asked and Hermione nodded. "I always did think you two made a wonderful couple." He remarked nonchalantly. Hermione and Ron chuckled, feeling rather awkward.

"Um, we were wondering if you could help us?" Hermione asked, suddenly feeling timid.

"I know why you're here."

"You do?" She asked as she let go of Ron's hand, who seemed to bolt away to snag the bowl of Sherbet Lemons sitting on the desk.

"Mmhm. It's regarding the bond between Harry and Draco, no?" He looked at her.

"Well... yes, actually." She confirmed.

"There's only so much I can help you with." He said, and Ron cut in.

"Well I'm sure you can help us a lot more than what those fucking books are telling us, excuse my French." He said.

Dumbledore just chuckled in response. "Perhaps, you haven't picked out the right book yet."

"Meaning?" Hermione asked.

Dumbledore sighed heavily. "Draco and Harry don't have the Phoenix bond." He said matter-of-factly.

"What- what do you mean?"

"The bond that Draco and Harry possess, is one that's been heard of only once... between Aldrich Potter and Dardanus Malfoy." Dumbledore began.