Chapter 13

"What?" Draco's breath hitched, fixing Harry with a gaze only described as endearing.

"Marry me. You promise me, and I'll promise you." He stated, holding Draco's hand and intertwining their fingers.

"Harry..." Draco smiled, a wide, bright grin, and nodded slowly, his thumb stroking Harry's stubble.

"Say it again." Draco said, sitting up and crossing his legs so he was now facing Harry who was still laying down.

"Marry me, Draco." Harry smiled, sitting up and gathering Draco into his arms again.

"Yeah... yes, of course I'll marry you!" He said excitedly, scrambling to straddle Harry's lap and crash their lips together.

Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's waist, bracketing his hips as Draco stood on his knees. He craned his neck so their mouth fit together like a puzzle, slipping his tongue in, dancing with Harry's, and he arched his back so their chests were pressed together. Draco's hands came up to tangle in Harry's hair, making soft little grunts every now and then when Harry moaned into his mouth.

"Took you long enough, you bastard." Draco laughed against Harry's mouth. He couldn't disagree with that. Not one bit. There had been so many times that he'd just wanted to ask Draco to marry him. But he could never find the right time to do so.

But now? Now was perfect. And that's what Harry wanted it to be.

Harry gasped. "Wait." He said, his arms still around Draco, holding him to his chest. He leaned over to his bedside table and opened the drawer. He pulled out a little green velvet ring box with gold seams.

Harry outstretched his legs and Draco moved back and sat on his thighs to give him more room.

He opened the box slowly, revealing a platinum band. Draco's eyes became glassy, and he laughed fondly, a little wet.

Harry carefully pulled the ring out, handing it over to Draco, who's delicate fingers held onto the band. He twisted it in his fingers, catching a glimpse of an engraving on the underside of the band.

"Formidable." Draco breathed.

"French." Harry said.

"Means great-" Draco replied, fiddling with the ring, rolling it in his fingers.

"That's what my love for you is." Harry looked into Draco's eyes. Draco's breath hitched. He knew it was rather cringe, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

"The greatest I've ever known, or felt." He said firmly, no room for argument, yet his voice had a soft, vulnerable tone to it.

"Harry..." Draco pushed himself forward so their chests were pressed together, and he cradled Harry's head to his neck with one hand, his other still holding on to the ring.

"Here, let me." Harry pried the ring from Draco's dainty fingers, and slipped it onto his fourth. Draco didn't have much time to admire his hand as Harry brought it to his lips and kissed it, his soft hair tickling his neck.

"It's beautiful..." Draco said, taking a deep breath, his exhale rather shaky.

Harry looked up at Draco and brought his hands up to bracket his cheekbones, "So are you." And he kissed him.

It was more languid and slow than any other kiss they'd shared, could practically feel Harry's love overflowing from a bucket inside him. The bond flared, casting a soft, warm white glow around them, little strands erupting from the ring on Draco's hand to wrap around the two of them.

They felt a tugging at their backs, and both realised it was their wings prodding at the bandages wrapped around their backs. They broke the kiss and looked at one another, pupils blown wide and lips thoroughly snogged.