Chapter 2

"I suppose so... but that doesn't mean I can't still be interested in you. Please, tell me about yourself. It's not like I can go anywhere." I looked back over to him and he was staring at me with pleading eyes. I let out a sigh and brought my chair over next to his bed.

"What do you want to know?"

———————————————————————————

"Tell me about your past, what was it like before you became a part of the first order"

"Well, for a good part of my childhood I was in what you could call juvy, its like prison for teenagers. I was rebellious, defiant, and caused some trouble trying to get away from a life I didn't want. Once I had served my time in that place I traveled far away to the planet of Kashyyyk and made a living for myself. It was a simple life but one I had always wanted, my whole life I dreamt of having only the simple principles. I wanted the house, the job, the husband, the kid, and no more... simple, easy, obtainable. Soon after making a life on there as a nurse the First Order arrived and took me captive as a valuable asset because I already had medical training. Ever since I've spent my days in a starship med bay." After taking a trip down memory lane, and a depressing one at that, I looked back at Kylo Ren. I hadn't even realized in the midst of my story I had just started looking down, avoiding eye contact like a scared little girl. His eyes bored into me in a way that made me feel uneasy. I broke eye contact once more. "Wasn't what you were expecting huh?"

"No, I'm not sure what I was expecting. But I must ask... why did you want such simple of a life? Didn't you ever strive for greatness or strength? You had no desire for power or control?" He questioned

"I suppose not, before I went to juvy I learned that power could be dangerous. I learned all about how the world worked, good and bad, and I decided I didn't want to be a part of it. I didn't want any decisions to rest on my shoulders that could possibly hurt someone... even if they were made for the right reasons."

"Huh..." was all he murmured staring into space as if to contemplate what I had said. "Do you mind telling me where you learned all of that?" Was what he finally said after moments of silence. My heart started racing, this question could singly handedly expose what I was trying so hard to conceal. A cold sweat flashed over me and my breath hitched as I tried to find a way to avoid the question. I heard a frantic knock at the door and turned to it in relief

"Mrs.Anders  is finally having her baby we need all hands on deck!! I don't supposed you could help us out here Reyna!!" My fellow nurse Sydney called through the door

"I'll be out in a second" I called back standing up from my chair "Are you going to be ok while I'm gone?" I said turning back to Kylo from in front of the door

"I guess so." He said still seeming to considering what I had been saying moments before. His interest in that part of my past scared me, and by the way he eyed me in front of that door I sensed he wouldn't be letting it go anytime soon. I turned and ran out the door desperate to be anywhere but within his sights.

I rushed out of the room to go help with the delivery, as I approached the room I could hear the all too familiar screams of agony that were induced my child birth. The miracle of life.... how lovely. I pushed through the door to find Mrs.Anders already in position for labor I rushed to the bedside and looked to the other nurses for an update. "She's already 10cm dilated we need to start now."

I rushed to the end of the bed and sure enough the bag was on its way, "alright Mrs.Anders I need you to start pushing."

Between frantic gasps I heard her speak "please, call m-" she grimaced as another contractions pulsed through her body "call me Mary"