Chapter 20

"All done." Charles chimed, applying the last bit of the bandage to cover my stomach.

"Your the best." I said with a smile hoping off the table. I made my way to the ICU, determined to suppress all my dirty thoughts about Kylo

———————————————————————————

I pushed open the door, stepping inside. "Hey Sara." I said with a smile. The mechanic gave me a small smile back, she still looked weary. "How ya holding up."

"Well I would be better if I still had my hand." She muttered sounds very sad.

"I know, but after some physical therapy this hand should function just as good as the old one. It just takes time."

"I know." She said Solemnly, hanging her head.

"I'm going to take a look and make sure nothing is infected, ok?"

She nodded and I stepped forward to removing the wrapping around her hand. The transition from metal to flesh was clean, no infection just some swelling.

"Ok, you are all set."

I left the room and made my way back to the nurses station where Charles was standing.

"How's her hand?" He asked

"Not infected, thankfully."

"That's good."

There was silence between us as I started filling in her chart. I left soon after to check up on another patient of mine. The day went by slow, a few injures trickling in but for the most part I had nothing to do. I ended up just sitting with Jess and Tessa.

"So how's you're fancy training going?" Tessa asked and Jess and I exchanged a glance. "What is there something I don't know about?"

I sighed "well this morning I stabbed my mentor in the shoulder and I kinda nicked an artery so I showed up here covered in blood to get supplies and had to run up and patch it back up on the floor of the training room."

Tessa look at me like I was insane "no fucking way."

"Way." Jess chimed in

"I also got this." I said lifting my shirt to reveal the bandage underneath

"Who stabbed you!" Jess yelled

"I wasn't stabbed it's just a surface wound."

They both were looking at me, eager for a story and I chuckled lightly "I was working on dodging and I just didn't jump out of the way in time, really, I'm fine."

"I'm gonna beat up that mentor of yours for slicing you like that." Tessa huffed

"Well technically I stabbed him as revenge so there really no need."

"Who even is your mentor anyways." Jess questioned.

I contemplated her question, was I even allowed to tell them I was training with Kylo? They would
Probably see me running around the starship with him at one point, there's no way I could keep it from them forever.