Chapter 4

"Well it certainly didn't feel nice." He remarked. I gave him a small smile before walking towards the door. "Wait, where are you going?" He ask sounding quite concerned

"To get food, you must be starving." I replied already halfway out the door. "I'll Be back in sec!!" I called back in before rushing out of the infirmary.

———————————————————————————

I walked out of the med bay and made my way into the cafeteria which was strategically placed close enough to the med bay so we could transport meals to patients but far enough away that it wasn't extremely loud all the time from the constant commotion in the cafeteria. I walked through the doors and surveyed all the tables, each with different groups of working laughing, talking, and eating. I made my way into the line having some small talk and the occasional wave with some friends and old patients of mine. I grabbed a tray of food, today's special was chicken noodle soup. I thanked the workers and made my way back to the infirmary. I came back to find Kylo was still awake and staring at a wall, he didn't acknowledge me arrival so I stood in the doorway silently.

"So I got you some chicken noodle soup." I said after moments of awkward silence "you can try to eat it your self, I can feed you, or what I find to be the best compromise, you can feed yourself but I will help support your arm and help make sure you make it to your mouth. That way you are still eating independently but I takes away the risk of you accidentally dumping soup on yourself." I said walked over to his bedside with the tray in my hands

"I'll be fine on my own thanks" he huffed taking the tray from my hands.

"Ok" I watched him pick the spoon up off the tray cautiously taking a spoonful and bring it up to his mouth. The problem was he was eating with his hurt arm, the one with the cut on his shoulder, so when the spoon got high enough I saw him grimace with pain and his arm gave out, spilling the scalding hot soup back onto him.

"Dammit" he cried, and I rushed to his bedside wiping away the soup with a towel. "I hate being so-" he stammered angrily almost at a loss for words "so helpless!!"

"I know it's hard, it always is when you have to depend on someone for the first time." I Saudi trying to calm his nerves.

"I am Kylo Ren." He seethed "I depend on no one."

"You don't have to depend on me, how about I just give you some support. You get support from people all over this Star ship all the time, maybe without even realizing it." I said picking the spoon back up and pressing it to his hand "so let me support  you, you will do the work yourself I'm just the safety net, a back up plan" I looked up at Kylo reassuringly but his gaze was blank, he simply nodded before scooping up another spoonful of soup.

I took my hand gently placed it under his, I pressed enough so he knew it was there and I was holding onto him but light enough so that is wasn't pushing his hand anyway, simply following it. His hand reach higher up bring the spoon to his mouth, and at the same point where his arm has fallen before I could feel it press into my hand. I kept my hand under his, bringing the spoon the rest of the way up allowing him to sip the contents of it into his mouth. I carefully lowered his hand to the point where he could regain control.

We continued this way, working in tandem to finish the soup and once he had taken his last bite I lowered his hand down before taking the tray, bowl, and spoon from his lap and setting it out of the way on a nearby table. I went to pick up the protein bar I had brought in hours ago realizing I myself hadn't eating since this morning, wow what an example I'm setting. I reached behind me and had it in my hand when I heard a faint "thank you" emitted from Kylo's bed. I turned to look back at him and he just glanced at me with sorrowful eyes

"No need to thank me, I know you are often too proud to accept help in any form but it's my job to rehabilitate you. You don't need to thank me for what I've already supposedly be doing." I replied timidly . I never liked receiving thanks, it made me feel like I was under a spot light, too much attention.

We were both silent for moments after, each avoiding eye contact. When out of no where I heard him speak again "tell me about your childhood, the part you didn't get to finish."

I felt a wave of panic surges through my body once more, there was a a heat flash that washed over me I started sweating profusely. My whole body was tense and my heart rate sky rocketed. Not again I thought. Why was he so interested in my past? The one part of myself I was determined to keep secret. I couldn't even speak I just started stuttering "I- um...."

"What is it? What's so bad that you can't tell me? I sense your fear, you're terrified... why?" I could hear the concern In his voice but my entire body was still on lock down.

I looked up at him fearfully and I was met with a gaze filled with worry and confusion "what? Please tell me" he said once more. My gaze fell from his face, I couldn't even look him in the eye.

"Reyna" he said, this time much more forcefully almost like an order.

"I- I can't" I stammered, tears brimming my eyes.

"Don't make me look for myself, whatever it is I'm ordering you to tell me."

I forced myself to look back up. He was dead serious, his eyes no longer caring but an ice cold glare that rest upon me.

"Please" was all I could muster

"I'm sorry I have to do this Reyna, if you are keeping secrets I have to know." He said now sounding almost sorry for me. I felt a sharp pain in my head like an ice pick driving into my skull. There was a light headedness I could only describe like a soft breeze or hands floating around my head searching for something. I was crying out, tears now streaming down my face. when the pain subsided and I looked back up at Kylo my with eyes now red and puffy. He looked shocked and wouldn't meet my eyes.

he knew