Chapter 35

I smiled, deactivating the saber and wrapping my arms around Kylo with a tight squeeze. I buried my face into his chest, warmth and happiness filling my chest as he hesitatingly returned the hug. "Thank you." I whispered

His hand slowly started stroking my back, "of course." Leaning down our lips met in a moment of bliss. "Why don't we get you trained with you saber, we have an upcoming mission and I want you to attend."

"ok"

——————————————————————————

Trading was grueling, for hours on end me and Kylo field each other, my hands growing numb from the constant vibration of my lightsaber.

"Kylo can we please take a break?" I groaned.

"One more match."he insisted

"You said like like 5 rounds ago." I complained

"But I mean it this time, one more and we're done."

I let out an annoyed sigh but complied.

Our sabers met in a flash of warm light, I used the momentum of the ricochet to swing the saber around and take jab at Kylo's side. He deflected it easily slicing his saber out and towards me stomach. I jumped out of the way, hitting his saber out of the way with my own before taking another swing at him. We continued like this for at least 5 minutes straight, our determination and skill equal. As the right drone on I lost focus my mind no longer analyzing each of Kylo's movements so I completely missed when he slammed the hilt of his saber into my chest and sent me flying onto the ground.

"That hurt." I mumbled, pressing my hand to the door that would for sure be bruised with the next few hours.

"Maybe if you payed more attention then you wouldn't have gotten hit." He remarked

"Whatever, I'm going to take a shower."

I pulled myself from the floor and started walking back to me and Kylo's quarters, I was surprised to find a black box sitting on the bed when I arrived. Hesitantly I undid the ribbon knot that kept the package tied closed and opened it to reveal what looked to be another uniform. I pulled it your letting it unfold to it's full length.

It was a more durable material, a leather similar to Kylo's own attire in the thickness of the material. It had a vague resemblance to my other official First Order uniform considering this also was a skin tight bodysuit but otherwise was unique. It had a high collar that could be unzipped to create a plunging neckline, seems of red that lined the outfit like intricate wiring of electrical panel. Accompanying the outfit were a pair of black and red combat boots, a cape, and a variety of leather straps to hold my light saber, knife, and any other weapon I chose to adorn myself with.

"Do you like it." I heard Kylo say from behind me, staring me because I didn't know he was in the room.

"It's beautiful."

"That's what you're I'll be wearing for our departure tomorrow. I made it specifically for you."

I smiled, setting down the clothing and hugging Kylo. "I'm so excited to finally go out into battle."

"You realize you might have to kill people right?" He asked hesitantly.

I nodded, a pit like feeling in my stomach. I had slowly becoming more and more used to the idea of killing people, though having to murder Splats in cold blood didn't help me at all I started to get used to the idea of having to do it. As long as I could identify it as self defense then really I didn't have anything to feel guilty about... right?