Chapter 10

"Can't hurt you huh?" He said jabbing at me again, this time he sliced a scar down my leg. I screamed again limping away from him, his legs were so long, too long. He was on top of me in an instant and I was  cowering on the floor shaking from shock. He stood above me bringing his lightsaber to strike me down one last time and in a fury of red light he brought the saber down into my abdomen. He continued piercing me, bringing the saber up and down until my stomach looked like human Swiss cheese. I was screaming bloody murder, howling with pain as he massacred my body. "When you wake up, ask Kylo about his past. There's something I think you should know." He stepped off of me suddenly and walked away leaving me crying on the floor. My vision started to dim and I let myself go.

———————————————————————————

I woke up in Kylo's arms, I was screaming crying and shaking. My face was pressed into his chest and held me as a fell apart in his lap. "It's ok, it was just a dream." He whispered stroking me softly.

I knew I was awake and ok but I could still feel that pain resonating in my abdomen from the lightsaber strikes. I kept my face pressed to his chest and let the crying subside until I was just sniffling. I pulled away and look up at him, he was staring at me and looked very concerned. "Are you ok?" He asked me, bringing a hand up to wipe the tears the remains don my face.

I shook my head "I don't feel ok" I said with a sniffle "why the hell are those dreams so vivid?" I questioned him.

"I honestly don't know." He murmured, his hand still cupping the side of my face.

"Did I make a fool of myself again?" I asked with a weak smile.

I heard Kylo chuckle, "depends what you call a fool, you were screaming.... a lot."

"Of course I was" I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"You started out just breathing heavily, and then you screamed my name a few times...." he paused to look my in the eyes and I just blushed and looked away. "Then you were just screaming, you started shivering and then you started screaming and crying again."

"Sounds like I really did do a lot of screaming." I said, taking a moment to consider how raw and painful my throat was.

"Yea, do you want some water?"

"That would be nice."

Kylo released my from his grip and I felt cold in his absence. He returned with a small cup of water which I sipped delicately for soothe my aching throat. We sat in silence as I drank.

"How will I ever be able to live if I'm afraid to sleep." I said softly looking into Kylo's deep amber eyes for reassurance.

He let out a soft sigh, "the fear will go away over time, once you learn to control it."

I nodded and set the cup down. "I feel so exhausted." I murmured nuzzling myself in his side, he brought an arm around my shoulder pulling my in closer.

"It's ok to fall asleep, I'll be here the whole time to protect you ok?"he said letting his hand slide over my shoulder, caressing it softly.

I nodded and let myself drift to sleep in his warm embrace, and this time I didn't have any nightmares.

                                  ************