Chapter 28

He was silent as I walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I undressed and stepped under streams of scalding hot water. pressing my back to the wall I slowly slid down, the soreness of my legs finally catching up to me. I sat and sobbed in the fetal position pressed against cold unforgiving tile as the water trickled over my aching body.

———————————————————————————

I sat in the shower for 3 hours

And no I'm not joking

By the time I stepped out my whole body was numb and bright red, thankfully I remembered to turn the fan on in the bathroom so I didn't have heat stroke again.

I was supposed to have training an hour ago but I didn't show up. I didn't think Kylo was mad about it considering he didn't bust my door down.

As I clothed myself I examined the new discoloration left on my body. Another set of bruises was imprinted on my hip in the shape of Kylo's  hand.

I huffed and pulled on my pants, trying to forget the events of this morning. I let myself get a proper breakfast with the extra time I had and then reported to the med bay for work.

"No more body guard huh?" Jess said with a smile.

I plastered a fake smile on my face "Yea, Kylo's back so I'm free."

"On a scale of 1-10, 1 being perfectly fine and 10 being a total blackout, how bad was your hangover this morning." She giggled

I hadn't even thought about a hangover yet, I guess I did throw up earlier but since then I hadn't been feeling much of the after effects.

"Uh, maybe like 3."

"I didn't get you nearly as drunk as a wanted to."she said with a pout. "Where do you go anyways? You like disappeared halfway through the party."

I let out a shaky breath "I was dragged away from the party by Vicrul and the knights, they said someone was going to try to assassinate me last night."

"Well if they were going to try to kill you they failed because you're still here."

"Yea." I muttered, the images from last night flashing before my eyes. The pool of the blood, the crumpled body, it was all so fresh in my mind.

"Well today's going to be a long day because we have transports with casualties coming in soon."

"How soon are they arriving?"

"in 5 minutes so we are prepping everything now."

I nodded "ok, I'll help"

I found Charles and Raznea stocking shelves.

"Anything I can do to help?"

"The trauma rooms need to be restocked, if you could do that."Charles said, throwing packs of gauze into a container on the shelving unit.

I went between trauma rooms stocking as much as I could in each before I heard Jess yell from down the hall.

"First patient rolling in!"