Underneath the Covers

We were 9 when we met. I could still remember your eyes as we ran off, playing around, blissfully enjoying each other's company. Now, 6 years later, we still haven't changed. You're with me, I'm with you. No matter how many friends you and I make along the way, I know you will always be different.

"Hi, Soojin~ Shuhua's in her room, you can go get her now, but she's probably sleeping, you know that girl's sleeping schedule" her mom told me. Since Shuhua and I have known each other for forever, her family had warm up to me the second they noticed I was good at cooking, maybe food is the way to people's hearts.

I smiled at Shuhua's mom and nodded, softly saying 'thank you.' They knew I was a quiet kid, heck, they were surprised Shuhua had befriended me since we were so different from each other. She's loud and loves love, while I'm cold and quiet. Cold?

I mean, I hate affection— Not really hate, I just deeply despise it. I didn't really feel the need to touch people, it's just.. skin.

Running upstairs, I stood behind the door that would let me in Shuhua's room. I fixed my flannel and wiped off my jeans and knocked. "Shuhua? I'm here! Surprise!!" I yelled softly, but no answer. She must be sleeping, I guess. "Okayy! I'm just going to enter! If you're naked, cover now!!"

I counted "1, 2, and 3" but no objections were made so I wiggled the doorknob and headed inside. To my surprise, she wasn't in her bed that's covered with food. I looked around the room and noticed the bathroom door was locked, she must be taking a shower now. I smiled, wow, she actually woke up early today. I took in her soft peach scent that situated in her habitat, making me smile subconsciously.

I just sat on her bed, taking off my shoes, and scrolling through social media. After about 20 minutes, I hear the shower turn off and a certain pale girl walked out, startled.

•——————————————•

'Fuck, have I been in the shower for that long? I didn't think Soojin would actually come this early'

I almost dropped the only cloth covering my body from jumping as I saw Soojin in my bed, the girl widened her eyes and quickly closed them.

"I..- I, s-sorry, shuhua~yah." her face quickly dove into my pillows from embarrassment, I blushed too from what happened. I sighed, "it's okay, jinjin, it's not like you haven't been my best friend for 6.5 years"

Best friend. That's it? I quickly shook my thoughts away, while getting some clothes for myself. "Just stay there while I get dressed, don't peek." I giggled while saying the last part. Jk, do it, I dare you.

I quickly got myself dressed while looking at Soojin, whom was just laying on my bed with my blanket on her face, jesus, I swear this girl. I laughed at her position, stiff, her face just pointed towards the ceiling.

"A-Are you done?" she shyly whispered. I didn't answer her, I just jumped on the bed with her. She shrieked from surprise, "a-are you?" she stuttered, and I giggled at her question. "Of course, dummy, I wouldn't jump on the bed naked wit—"

I quickly stopped myself before I said that, I stuttered a 'never mind hehe' trying to play it cool. I saw her face come out of the blanket, slowly peeking just to make sure I wasn't naked. I hit her arm, 'ouch' she quietly let out. Her face reddened as she just realized what I was about to say.

To save myself from embarrassment, I quickly cuddled onto her body to hide my blushing face. I'm sure my body felt hot, too, I just hope she hadn't noticed. Her body relaxed under me. I sighed in contentment, is this what i wanted? The unsaid feelings of erupting butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I feel them so deeply, but how can I ever voice out something so complex to the both of us?