Bed

"Jinjin?" Shuhua rubbed her eyes awake while calling out for her unnie. "I can't sleep." It was their first night being ex-roommates. Shuhua had just moved earlier this morning and she thought she'd be okay. She was wrong, her soft bed felt like it's nothing special despite being one of the best rated mattresses. Shuhua just feels like there should be a certain scent that goes in the room or maybe an expected guest in the left side of her bed.

The taiwanese pouted, not hearing an answer coming from Soojin's room. "Hey?" her voice small, trying to call out once more. She sighed, why did I even expect her to be awake at this hour?

She looks at the wall clock, 1 am.

Great. I'm deprived of sleep and seo soojin. What could be worse.

Her feet was about to lead her back to her room, but her ears heard soft footsteps getting close to the doorway. Her eyes lit up, heart beating nervously. "Jinjin~ah!" she yelled while jumping in the taller girl's arms, causing Soojin to almost lose balance and step back. "Sh-Shushu?" It was clear that Soojin just woke up.

"I can't sleep." She repeated, Soojin understood and just nodded. Yawning, the girls— still engulfed in the hug— managed to go to Soojin's bed without tripping.

..Well, they did, but onto the mattress. Shuhua giggled, while Soojin groaned. It was too late for her to complain so she just let it be. Closing her eyes before muttering a soft 'goodnight' to the smaller girl. Shuhua swore she could've melted in that moment but she kept it to herself, not wanting to bother Soojin's sleep anymore. She clung onto the taller girl's waist, snuggling in the crook of her neck.

As soon as Shuhua noticed that Soojin's breathing is slow, she whispered quietly, 'I don't ever want to be away from you again, even if you are just in another room.'

Shuhua pouted, she wishes in the back of her mind that she could say that to Soojin in person while both of them are wide awake. But she settles in that moment, letting her mind memorize everything like a polaroid picture. It'll forever be imprinted in her memories.

She yawns, noticing how tired she actually was. She also notices how comfortable Soojin's bed was compared to hers. Is it the mattress? Is it the familiarity of the room?

No one would never know. Maybe it's Soojin, Shuhua mentally shrugged, maybe it's the older girl's scent, the hair, the body frame, or the soft snores and drooling that Shuhua missed. Whatever it was, she could finally go to sleep, but not after fangirling over Soojin though.

A/N

this was short i know, just like me.