chapter 5

Hi guys! I'm sorry that I didn't upload yesterday. I forgot to tell you, I won't be uploading on Thursdays because I have one of those mothers that believes in social interaction and board games,so Thursdays are my no screen day.
I love you all!
-me

Charlie's pov
Are you ok? I asked. He looked at me confused. Just get it over with will you? He asked. Now I was confused. Get it over with? I asked. You're going to beat me up aren't you. said Leondre. Why would I be you up? I asked. Are you friends with Harvey? He asked. Yes. I said slowly. Why? Didn't he tell you? Leondre inquired. Tell me what? I was very confused at this point. What are you talking about? I asked. He... Never mind. said Leondre.
So do you want to start working on a project? I asked. Okay sure. Your name is Charlie right? He replied. That's me. Maybe you don't remember it, but I was the one that helped you when those boys were beating you up.
What happened next was completely unexpected. Leondre suddenly flung himself at me and threw his arms around my neck. Thank you so much. He said. I hugged back for a minute. Than he let go of me. Sorry. He muttered. I noticed that he had tears in his eyes. Do you want to tell me about it? I asked. I...don't know... He answered. It's okay if you don't want to tell me. Just know that I'm here if you want to talk. I said. He smiled at me. Thank you. He said. I suppose...are you interested in listening? He asked. Of course! I said. Then he began speaking.

Leondre's pov
Are you Ok? He asked. What? Am I ok? Is that something people say Before they beat people up? Just get it over with will you? I asked. Get what over with. What was he confused about. Was he not going to beat me up? You're going to beat me up aren't you? I asked. Why would I beat you up? He asked. Aren't you friends with Harvey? I replied. Yes... What? Didn't Harvy tell Charlie to beat me up? Why? He inquired. Didn't he tell you? Tell me what? He looked at me as if I were a Picasso painting. What are you talking about? He asked. He...never mind. Maybe Harvy didn't tell him. maybe he wasn't a bully anymore. Could he feel badly for what he had done? Do you want to work on the project? He said finally. Ok, sure. Your name is Charlie, right? I asked. What he said next startled me alot. Yeah, that's me. Maybe you don't remember, I was the one that helped you when those boy's were beating you up. Suddenly something took over me. This guy, this boy in front of me had probably saved my life. This guy did something for me that no one else would have. I hugged him. I was so so grateful. Thank you. I said. He hugged back for a second and for some reason I was almost crying. I stepped back. Sorry. I said quietly. There was a catch in my voice, but I don't think he noticed. He then asked me if I wanted to talk about it. To be honest, I didn't altogether know this guy. Can I trust him? I don't know. I said. I hoped he would understand. It's okay if you don't want to tell me. Just know that I'm here if you want to talk. This guy is so sweet. He's just one of those people who you just have to trust. Thank you. I suppose... I was going to say I suppose it would be nice to talk to someone, when I realized that he might not actually want to listen. Are you interested in listening? I asked. Just in case. If course. He said. I couldn't help it. It all came pouring out.

Charlie's pov
I guess it's just, I was beat up a lot in my old school. One boy in particular would wait with a bunch of older boys for me after school and really bad. I would come home every day bleeding and bruised and when mom asked about it I always told her it was from b-basketball. He was crying a bit at this.point. I didn't have any friends at school and I got teased a lot because I'm bi. I got beat up every day for years and I never... t-told any-one. He said and broke down completely. I-I swe-swear I'm n-not trying t-to tur-rn you against H-Harvy, b-but he w-was the main b-boy. He stuttered. I had tears in my eyes. Harvy!? Ok...well that explains why he never told me about why he got expelled. I watched Leondre cry for a minute than got a grip and scootched over right next to him and held him. He turned to me and buried his face in my chest. After a few minutes he started to calm down. I'm really sorry that happened to you. I said softly. He sat up straight and wiped his eyes with the palms of his hands. By now was when most of the students were arriving. I spotted Harvy biking up to the school. Do you want too come over after school? I asked. Is that ok? He asked. Yup that's fine. I said. Well okay then. He said. I have too go now, but thanks for telling me all this. I said. He smiled at me. Thanks for listening. He said. Leondre, right? I asked. Yup. He said. Well I'll see you after school. I said. And ran too meet Harvy.

Leondre's pov
I told him everything. Once I started it was hard to stop. I was actually crying quite a bit and it was a little embarrassing. He was really nice and listened quietly. When I was done there was no stopping me. I just sat there and sobbed into my hands. A minute passed in silence and I was afraid that he was angry for accusing his friend, when I feel him put his arms around me. his hug is so comforting and I dig my face into his chest. He strokes my back and let's me cry. I'm really sorry that happened to you.He whispered. Eventually I stop crying and pull my face away. I wiped my eyes and sniffed. I think he has some tears in his eyes. I heard him ask if I wanted to come over after school and I asked if they would be okay. He did that it would be fine.
This was to make up for yesterday. It took forever. I ended up typing it out. Word count a whopping 1150.