chapter 7

I put the song that Charlie sings later in this chapter in where the picture usually goes, so if you tap there you'll hear it. But I am warning you, it really is cringe. Like really cringe.
Charlie's pov
As Harvy and I started walking toward the school I noticed Leondre's backpack on the steps. He must have forgot it there. Leondre forgot his backpack! I'll just be a minute Harvy. I said. No, let me. He said. I gave it too him. Smiling slightly I watched as he ran inside. I waited a few minutes and then walked into school. I came across a Harvy who was standing still looking bewildered. Harvy! I snapped my fingers in his face. He shook his head and came back into focus. Sorry Charls. He said. What happened? I asked expectantly. He... Basically I gave him the bag, and apologized, and he agreed to meet up at lunch. And... He said no hard feelings.
He looked quite astonished that he was forgiven so easily. I laughed. C'mon Harvy, let's go too class.

Leondre's pov
After school I met up with Charlie and Harvy. Me and Charlie talked a lot but things were still a bit awkward with me and Harvy. He laughed if we said anything funny but wasn't talking much. Soon he got a bit more comfortable around me and talked a bit more. At one point I asked him what his parents were like. He got a bit uncomfortable and said that he only had a mom. I see. I said. Me too. Same here said Charlie. That's all of us. My dad left us when I was four. I said. My dad died when I was a baby. Said Charlie. Oh, I'm sorry Charlie, I said. I noticed that Harvy didn't say anything about his dad. I tried to pay attention to him by asking what happened to his dad. He's in jail. He said. I'd rather not talk about it. I shut up. Things got a bit weird there cause Charlie and Harvy also shut up. We walked too Charlie's house and chatted about random stuff. The conversation topic eventually turned to music. Charlie likes singing. R&B mostly. I liked rap, and Harvy only listened to music. He didn't like making it. Soon we got there and we went up to Charlie's room. It was pretty big and He had a small collection of recording equipment. I was impressed. That stuff is expensive. I looked it over, and found a poorly hidden stack of about 6 CDs. I didn't mention them until he had left the room to do a use the bathroom. Hey Harvy, I said. Yeah? He answered, looking up from the masks he was inspecting. Look what I found. I said. Holding up the CDs. Did he make those? He asked. I don't know. I said slyly. Let's find out I said. Grinning. Harvy had a smirk on his face. We popped one into his CD player. A song started playing. A beautiful voice started singing that song.
Only know that you been High when you feeling low
Only miss the Sun when it starts to snow
Only know your lover when you let her go
And you let her go
Harvy was laughing his head off, but even though it could have used background music his voice was amazing. Harvy was still laughing. I think his voice is beautiful. Wait, that was in my head, right? Harvy looked at me. Yeah. It's a bit cringe, but the voice is really nice. We sat there listening to the music, everything forgotten except this voice. Then Charlie walked in. He saw us listening to his music and looked a little angry and a little worried. Is this you Charlie? Asked Harvy. It's wonderful. I added. Well, yeah, he said, but I really don't like people listening too my singing. He said. I paused it. Sorry Charlie, I should have asked. I said. It's ok, he said. I'm just a bit insecure about it. He confessed. That's all right. I won't touch it again. I said. Carefully putting it back in his hiding place. He sat on the bed looking down at the floor. His face was quite pink. I came over and sat beside him, gave him a quick hug, and looked into his face. He has pretty eyes. Your not mad at me are you? I asked. He hugged me back and kissed my hair. Oh sorry he said. That's just something I do with friends. It's just friendly. Ok! I said.

Charlie's pov
We were walking home and talking about this and that. Suddenly Leondre asked Harvy about his parents. I did a mental face palm.
Harvys dad went too jail for abusing him and his mom. It was a really touchy subject. I only Have a mom. Harvy said. Me too. Said Leondre. Same here. I said. My dad left me when I was four. Said Leondre. My dad died when I was a baby. I said. I hoped Leondre wouldnt ask Harvy about his dad. But he did. I was worried that Harvy would get mad. He's in jail. He said shortly. I don't want to talk about it. I was proud of Harvy. He handled it really well. I shot him a quick smile. He shot a quick smile back. We began talking with our eyes. I think Leondre didn't notice and found it a bit awkward. So what kind of music do you like? He asked eventually. R&B. I answered. Rap said Leondre. You like rap, Leondre? I asked. Just call me Leo. He said. And yeah. Do you rap or do you just listen to it? I asked. Um, mostly I write it. He said. But I do do it and listen too it a bit. Harvy only listens to music, right? Yeah. I like rap and R&B. He said. Hm. I started thinking. I do like rap and I did a little when I was younger. We came too my house. Here, I'll show you to my room. We ran up the stairs. Leo seemed really impressed with my recording equipment. I got a bit nervous that he would find my CDs, but he didn't seem too. I suddenly realized that I needed the loo. I didn't want too leave, but the urge was getting stronger. I went to the washroom to do a dump and when I was done an few minutes later, I realized that I recognized the music coming from my room. I ran too my room and saw Harvy and Leo on the floor just listening. Leo was subconsciously mouthing the words to the song. I opened the door the rest of the way and they saw me. They looked a little guilty, and Harvy asked if it was my singing. Leo said it was wonderful. I was a little angry but they seemed too have truly enjoyed it. Well yeah, I answered, but I don't usually like people listening to my singing. Oh I'm sorry Charlie, I should have asked. It's ok I said. I'm just a bit insecure about it. I didn't like confessing it though. Leo replied with a that's all right I won't touch it again. What a nice guy. I went over and sat on the bed as Leo put the CD away. I looked at the floor and felt myself going pink. Then I heard someone sit on the bed beside me. Than Leo arms wrapped around me quickly. He looked into my face and smiled. Then he looked worried. Your not mad at me are you? No, silly. I said and hugged him back. Then before I could think, I kissed his hair. Oh no. Now he'll think I have a crush on him. Oh sorry I said casually. It's just something I do with friends. It's friendly. I couldn't help glancing at Harvy. He was clearly saying through his eyes that this was not something I do with friends. I raised my eyebrows in a don't say anything, way. He started grinning in a way that clearly says do you liiiike him? Ugh. I don't. I don't know why I did that. Ok. Leo replied. Phew. As hard as it is too think this, he hasn't had friends before. He doesn't know.
Hii! This is my longest chapter yet! 1400 words! I'm very proud. So I made the a tiny kiss!! Tell me if I made it too soon so I can edit it out. I hope you enjoyed it!
See ya!