chapter 8

Leondre's pov
So what kind of cake are you having? Are you gonna have a lot of people? What do you want? These are some of the questions that Charlie and Harvy have been pestering me with all day. It's September 28th and my birthday is in 8 days. I thought of having a party, but I don't really know many people. I think I'll just have Harvy and Charlie and Amara. I'll be 13. Charlie is turning 15 17 days after mine. I asked my mom if I could just have an overnight. Charlie and Amara. I had said. I wanted to invite Harvy, but when mom said to explain eve about the bullying, I had told her about Harvy. Anyone else? She asked. I'm there is... I said. What's with the hesitation? She asked. Um... Is it a GIRL??? No mom. I said. His names Harvy. Harvy? She said suddenly. As in the Harvy that beat you up? Well he's really sorry mom... I said. Well I'd like too meet him first. She said. Ok, can Harvy and Charlie come over tomorrow? Okay Leo. You know I just care about you, right? Yes mom. I said. The next day I asked Harvy if he and Charlie wanted too come over. I explained too Harvy about my mom. It's ok, I owe her an apology anyway. Thanks Harvey. So they came over and my mother greeted them with a smile despite what Harvy had done in the past. Hi! I'm making cookies so if you're hungry, they will be ready soon. Thank you ms Devries. Said Charlie and Harvy. And Harvy... She said. It's ok ms Devries, I understand that I need too speak with you. She looked taken aback by how polite my bully was. Alrighty, Harvy, let's just take a step into the living room. Ok. He replied. Leo, why don't you show Charlie around your room. Ok. We walked up to my room. So just look around Charlie, Imma go eavesdrop. Ok. He said. I ran downstairs quietly, and listened.
Ok, I find it annoying when people do this, but I'm gonna anyways. Harvy is H and ms Devries is V(cause her name is Victoria).
V. So Harvy, Leo said that you used too bully him.
H. That's right ms.
V. Why.
H. Well, it's really quite personal, but you deserve too know.
V. Ok?
H. Well at that time, my mom and dad had a lot of quarrels. My dad would smoke in the house, and she didn't know it at the time, but he was a cheater. He would come home drunk and abuse her and sometimes rape her. He would also abuse me. He would hit me and call me bad things. Once he knocked 2 of my teeth out. I was really angry at him, but too scared too stand up for myself. and the time he knocked my teeth out was the only time I tried too. Eventually she found out that he was a player, and he was out in jail for abusing. At that time though, I was really angry, and I took it out on your son. I'm very sorry ms Devries. I understand if you don't want Leondre being around me, but-
V. You're forgiven Harvy. I'm very sorry for what happened with your parents. And though it is not an excuse, it's very understandable.

I think mom was crying. I almost was. I'm so sorry for Harvy. I completely understand. I ran up too my room. I evidently had tears in my eyes, because Charlie asked me if I was alright. Did you know about his parents? I asked. I... Did. Said Charlie. I feel so bad for him. I said.
I noticed a little book in his hand. What's that? I asked. It's my journal. I usually write in it after school. Oh. I said. Looking again, I could see that it wasn't mine.

Charlie's pov.
Leondre's birthday is coming up and I have no idea what to get him. He invited me and Harvy over and said it was mostly to reassure his mum that he was not a savage. When we got there ms Devries immediately asked too speak with Harvy. Leo said he was going to eavesdrop as told me too look around. This was the perfect opportunity to find out more of what Leondre likes for his birthday. I know I shouldn't have But I snooped around in his drawers and closets and things. I found an old book, and, feeling immensely guilty, read one entry.
Please help me god I feel so alone
I'm just a kid how can I take it in my own
I've cried so many tears yeah
Writing this song
Tryn' too fit in where do I belong?
I wake up every day, don't wanna leave my home
My mommas always asking why I'm always alone
To scared too say
To scared too holler
I'm walkin to school with sweat around my collar
I'm just a kid
I don't want no stress
My nerves are bad
My life's a mess
The names you call me they hurt real bad
I wanna tell my mom
But she's having trouble with my dad

Wow. That is a really moving rap. I quickly jotted it down in my notebook. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs i.quickly stuffed the book back in the drawer. Leo came in and not looking at him and too not being attention to my notebook I asked if he was alright. Then I looked at him and his eyes had tears in them. Did you know about his parents? He asked. Oh. So that's what he had heard. That story is enough to make me cry. When Harvy came back His face was wet. Understandable. So? I asked. Victoria is alright with me coming. I smiled. And Leo, he said. Yeah? Were you eavesdropping?

Leondre's pov.
Harvy came in. He had been crying. Obviously. I half wanted too go hug him. Leo, he said. Yeah? We're you... Eavesdropping?

Hi all you bambinos out there! Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it took so long!
-me