Friends?

Miles's POV

It's been two weeks now and it was time for me to finally go back to school! In the morning I woke up with with Rex laying down, his head resting on my thigh. "Psst- Rexy boy. I gotta get up." Immediately his head shot up and he jumped out of bed and grabbed his squeaky toy. 

As I sloppily put on my uniform, Rex kept playfully growling at me for me to play with him. "No Rex I gotta leave!" I chuckled as I attempted to put my tie on again. For a few moments I looked in the mirror and fumbled around with the plaid tie. "Errr...! I can never get it right...!" Annoyed, I gave up and left the tie loose and sloppy. 

Before walking out, I grabbed my bag and Rex stood behind me, ramming his toy into my back as he growled. "Rex! I gotta..." I snatched the toy from him and threw it across the house, "go...!" 

Quickly I ran out and slammed the door before he had time to come back. I then saw my friends across the street walking to school and waved my arms in the air, "Heya guys, wait up!! I'm not suspended anymore!" Suddenly Izzy and my friend Brandon's heads shot sideways at me. 

Excitedly, I started sprinting across the street. Izzy ran forward a few steps as well. "Izzy! Have you missed me???" My arms wrapped around her shoulders from behind. She lightly laughed, "Uhh... Yeah...!" I laughed as well and ran to the middle of the group so I could talk to everyone. 

"So are you guys going to that upcoming flower festival?" I asked the group and they all nodded. "It's next Saturday, right?" Christian asked us. While I shrugged, clearly being oblivious to everything, the rest of the group nodded their heads.

As we walked to school, I looked across the street to see if Lukas was there like usual. And he was. His eyes met mine for a split second, but he quickly looked away. I also couldn't help but notice him roll his eyes at me. Without thinking, I stuck my tongue out at him in with a pouty expression. "What the hell are you sticking your tongue out at?" Brandon asked, looking across the street in the same direction I was. All my friends directed their gazes at Lukas, also curious. "Who's that guy? I haven't seen him before." One of my friends asked. "Oh that's Lukas Anderson, he's a 2nd year." Izzy chuckled, "Of course, Miles Parker, knows literally everyone..." she paused, looking at Lukas more, "Oh wait, isn't he that guy that spilled his water all over himself that one day?" Slowly, I nodded, not paying that much attention to what she was saying as I stared at him. 

"Miiiiiiilessssss~" she whined, grabbing my shoulder and shaking it. "What!?" Annoyed I snapped. "Quit staring at that stupid boy and look at meeee...!" I slightly rolled my eyes and yanked my arm away to talk to the rest of the group. 

Soon enough we got to school and the start of my day played out like normal. I went to class late because I was goofing off in the hall, I payed little-to-no attention during class, and I got my notes from Christian who has naturally been taking notes for me in class because he's a great friend.

Lunch came around and I sat with my friends and we all joked around as we ate.

On accident while we were talking, I launched a spoon-full of peas at Bill while fiddling around with my plastic spoon. "Oh!! You wanna play that game with me~?!" he cackled before launching a spoon-full of potatoes at me, hitting me right in the nose.

Some kid from another lunch table saw this and yelled, "Hey guys look! Food fight!" before I knew it, everyone was throwing food everywhere.

I know, I know, it sounds like cliche scene from a dumb middle school comedy movie, but this was actually happening! And you could only guess what someone like me did? I joined right in!!

Lukas's POV

I can NEVER just have a NORMAL day with Miles Parker around!

My day was going splendidly normal, I went to class like normal, then to lunch like normal. Everything seemed nice and peaceful. One moment, I was looking down at my chop sticks that were picking up my rice, the next, food was being thrown everywhere!