Sky Lights

Lukas's POV

"Hello there young man! Would you like to buy some tulips?" An old man tapped my shoulder as I was about to walk by his stand.

I stopped to take a look at them. "Oh tulips, they're awful pretty. How much are they?" "Two-thousand yen!" 'two-thousand?!' I thought. There was only 3,200¥ in my wallet, I wouldn't even have enough left for food.

As kindly as possible I chuckled to the man, "Uhh... No thank you..." He chuckled at me with a grin, and waved, indicating for me to leave. "Tch-!" I grumbled, "Greedy old men...!"

As I walked, I saw a small group of kids playing together, they looked to be about Emily's age. Twelve.

It was 3 boys and two girls. "Guys look! I won a fishy!! I'm gonna name him Scaily!" One of the boys showed his friends a plastic bag with a goldfish inside.

They all started spewing stuff to eachother before they all ran away in one direction.

'I bet Emily would be great friends with those kids.'

Then I remembered. Emily. Mom and dad used to take us to these kinds of festivals all the time when we were kids. Emily would always run around and play all the games. It's horrible that she can't do that anymore. I'm horrible for taking that all away from her...

Miles's POV

Me and my friends are currently at the flower festival right now.

Izzabella was going to go, but we complained that she was talking too long to get ready, so she had a fit and said she wasn't going.

Jeez, I can never understand girls. Seriously, what in the heck goes through their brains!? They get so worked up over the dumbest shit!

Well, despite all the annoyance from her, I was at the festival with Brandon, Billy, Christian and Cayden.

I wore a yellow and black flannel, a white t-shirt underneath, black jeans and black shoes.

As we walked through the festival, my friends were essentially quiet for the most part. Although me on the other hand, was in wonderland!

There were so many pretty flowers! And food! And lights! So many people walked with their cute dogs! I wanted to go and pet them all!

As we walked, Christian and Cayden started mentioning the sky lights to eachother, "Hey Miles wanna-" "DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!" I screeched, completely cutting them off.

Cayden disappointingly sighed and rolled his eyes at me, "What Miles. What could possibly be so exciting?!" "Someone over there has a yellow lab puppy!!"

All my friends groaned at my idiocy from behind me. "I'll be right back this time! I swear! I just gotta go pet it!!" With that I ran away into the crowd, into the direction that I saw the people go.

Once I had finally caught up to them, I realized it was two women with linked arms, one holding the leash. "Hey ladies! Can I pet your puppy?! He's so cute!!!" One chuckled and nodded her head, "Go ahead, his name's Butters." "Hey boy~!" I said to the dog while patting it's extremely soft head.

After a short moment of petting it, I noticed another hand petting it's back. Looking up, I saw that it was none other than... "TELETUBBY!!" I shouted, almost jumping in the air with joy.

Lukas then jumped backwards, but unfortunately I don't think it was from joy. "Wha-!? You!?!?!?!" I stood up and the ladies looked at me with a wave before walking away.

"Dang, didn't expect your antisocial ass to come here." His eyes rolled before he shoved both his hands in his pockets. "I didn't expect your social ass to come here alone." He bluntly responded.