Chapter Fifteen

FITZ'S POV

Darkness.

That's all I saw.

It's all I felt. 

And then I heard someone calling my name.

Fitz, please, wake up!

Sophie.

************************************

SOPHIE'S POV

I was screaming in his face. I was kissing his cheeks, doing anything to wake my beloved boyfriend up. 

" Fitz, please wake up!" I screamed. 

The commotion was drawing lots of attention now. 

People were whispering and staring at our group. Keefe was kneeled beside me, holding my hand while I wept. Who did this? What happened? Keefe and Marella had told me one minute they were chatting with him, and a couple seconds later, blood poured out and he fell unconscious. 

" We need to get him to Elwin." I said to my friends. 

Biana nodded and pulled out a crystal to the healing center. Keefe and Dex picked up Fitz's body and prepared him for the journey. It was gonna be dangerous, but we had to do it. 

Linh lead over Fitz, gathering moisture from the air to stop the bleeding on the side of his head. I stood back, and suddenly I saw an ambulence driving towards us. 

" No!" I shouted. I turned around, back to Fitz. I saw Linh kissing his cheek. 

" What are you doing!" I snapped at her. " We have to go. NOW." Linh looked at me with hurt in her eyes. I didn't care. We had to go.

And then the pathfinder whisked us away from Disney Land. 

We had arrived at the Healing Center, and Keefe and Dex hurried into Elwin's office.

" What the-" The physician exclaimed. But immediatly he snapped into focus and shined some lights around Fitz. 

Elwin scratched his head. " I'm gonna need you all to leave while I do some.......stuff to Fitz," He told us all. 

We all sighed but obeyed, light leaping to Everglen, to tell Alden and Della the bad news.

********************************

LINH'S POV

I am with Dex.

So why do I feel so attracted to Fitz? He's not my boyfriend, he's Sophie's. 

I don't want to betray Dex.

" Linh. Linh!" Dex was nudging my shoulder.

" Huh? Oh, sorry sweetie!" I plaster on a fake smile. 

I can tell Dex doesn't seem to buy it. But thankfully he doesn't press and help add onto the story we are trying to tell Della and Alden. 

I am watching Sophie the whole time. She is wringing her hands and looking very nervous, and scared. 

I smirk at her behind her back. 

But suddenly she turned around and saw me looking at her. She gave me tight lipped smile, but nothing else. 

I didn't care. She had every right. 

****************************

FITZ'S POV

" S-Sophie?" My voice was hoarse. 

A shape moved infront of me. 

" Hush, Fitz. It's Elwin."

Elwin.

The finally registered in my mind and I sank back onto my cot. 

" You're finally awake. I'll hail the others. I'm sure they are worried crazy about you. Especially Sophie.

Sophie.

My sweet, darling Sophie. Oh, how I longed to see her. 

" Let me see her alone," I croaked, much to my surprise. 

Much to Elwin's, too. 

But he simply nodded and pulled out his imparter. It rang a few times before someone picked it up and said, " Hello?"

I gasped, reconizing the voice. 

Sophie. 

Elwin grinned at me before saying into the imparter, " He's awake!"  

I heard a jumble of scream and shouts as I guessed Sophie must be telling the others.

" He wants to see you. Yes yes he wants to see you...mhm, yeah, but alone. Don't bring anyone. Ok, see you soon." Elwin clicked off his imparter.

" She'll be over soon." 

I smiled at the the thought of having my girlfriend by my side again. 

A few minutes later, a saw a flash of light and a figure stepped through the door.

But I was not prepared when I saw who it was...................................

Andddddd a cliffhanger! You guys may be guessing that it's not really Sophie.....so who is it? Stay tuned!!