Chapter Twenty-Six

3RD PERSON POV

Sophie stared at Fitz, her top lip quivering. " Fi-Fitz," She straightened up. She grabbed his elbow and marched both of them across the garden, leaving Keefe staring into nothing. 

"Fitz, listen," Sophie hissed. Fitz rolled his eyes. " There is NOTHING to be listening to, just your weak arguments."

A tear slipped down Sophie's cheek, and she grabbed Fitz's head so he was looking directly at her. " Listen, Fitz. I am your fiance and nobody else's. You need to get over yourself. I love you. I don't love Keefe. I was making him feel better because he told me that one day he wanted to be up on that Alter with me and I said aren't you happy with Marella?" Sophie paused. " He IS happy with Marella. I will NEVER be with Keefe. I want it to be you, Fitz. I want it to be US."

Fitz stared at her, his eyes wide and his mouth making the shape of an o. And then he leaned forward shakily, his lips getting closer to Sophie's by the second.

Sophie felt her lips meet Fitz's. Did this mean they were good? Was this his way of saying sorry? She surly hoped so. She would NEVER want to be with Keefe. All she wanted was Fitz. So she leaned even farther in and pressed harder, lacing her fingers through the bottom of Fitz's hair and gently rubbing the back of his neck. Fitz put a hand under Sophie's shirt and rubbed her back. 

Sophie and Fitz released their kiss and stared at each other for a few seconds before Sophie whispered, " Does this mean we're good?"

Fitz nodded and ran a hand through his hair. " Yeah. Soph, I'm SO sorry for how I acted.....I just thought you were cheating on me with my best friend."

" Seriously?" Sophie gasped. " I would never....it's just...sometimes Keefe makes you do stuff you don't wanna, you know?"

Fitz nodded and wrapped an arm around Sophie's shoulder. " I know, honey, but we should probably get back inside to the wedding." 

Sophie nodded and they both walked out of the garden. Keefe was nowhere in sight. 

" Guess he went back inside," Fitz shrugged. 

He and Sophie walked back into the wedding to find Keefe sitting at his table, chatting with Wylie. Huh. Keefe had always been nice to Wylie, strangely. 

" Listen up everybody!" Biana shouted from the front of the room, clangling a fork on her glass. "We have a little announcement to make!!" 

The room immediately hushed. So Biana announced with a smile, it's time to throw the bouquet to the ladies!!"

Sophie smiled at Fitz and stood up to join the other single ladies. Well, technically she was still single. Right?

" Here we go!" Biana shouted, turned around away from the ladies, and threw the bouquet. 

And you'd never guess who caught it..........

Yay!! Another clifhanger! Hoped you enjoyed this chap! I did! Any guesses who caught the bouquet?