Chapter Twenty-One

TAM'S POV

Before I even knew what was happening, I called Elwin on my imparter. He said he would be there as soon as possible. 

He also told me he was dealing with a patient in critical condition, so it might be a bit before he was here.

Dog gone it.

When I told Biana, she was furious. She'd cried out in a loud tone, " We need Elwin RIGHT now! Sophie and Fitz are DYING because of the NEVERSEEN!" 

Soon her anger and crying turned to hysterical laughing. I don't know what happened. 

She rang her parents on their imparter and soon had arrived.

" Good thinking, Tam," Alden slapped me on the back.

I shrugged. 

" What else can I do?" I asked.

Alden's eyes portrayed uncertanity before he replied, " Is it possible you can take a shadow vapor reading on Sophie and Fitz?"

My response stunned me. " I-I err, I can try," I replied. 

Elwin nodded. " Thank you, Tam, that means a lot. Can you try it now?" He gestured to my two unconscious friends laying sprawled out on the grass. 

" Sure," I replied hesitantly. As I moved towards Sophie and Fitz, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

" Be careful," The loving voice of Biana whispered.

Not responding, I placed two fingers on Sophie and two on Fitz. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and focused on the shadows rising beneath me.

And all of the sudden, there was a flash.

SOMETHING connected. It was the final piece of a puzzle. 

I was the final ingredient. 

My shadows swarmed the figures of Sophie and Fitz, raising them into the air. Only I could see this.

The force was so powerful, I had to shield my eyes from the light and focus on bringing 
Sophie and Fitz back.

A ramping headache came on, and I had to squint to focus. And all of the sudden, the light dimmed. 

My headache went away. 

My shadows dissapeared.

And so did the outlined figures of Sophie and Fitz. 

And all of the sudden,  all I saw was black.

Sorry for the short chap. Hope you enjoyed!!! I love writing these cliffhangers and you guys comment stuff like no, and yada yada yada! Anyway, enjoy!