Chapter Eighteen

Thank you guys so much for 600 views!! Eeek!! Enjoy Chap Eighteen!

BIANA'S POV CONTINUED

The councillors. 

Ok, what the heck were they doing here? 

" Hello, Biana." Councillor Emery stepped forward. " We need to talk to you, Fitz, and your parents. Are they here by any chance?"

I gulped as Councillor Emery stepped forward to peer around me. I stuck my foot out and pushed him back out of the house. " No. I'm the only one here. Of our family, at least."

Councillor Alina sighed and looked at Councillor Emery, saying, " We only need the girl and her friends." Then, turning to me, she said, " Can you gather up all your friends and meet here tonight? Seven o'clock. Sharp. And tell them, especially that boy, to not be late. Okay?"

I nodded vigorously. What was going on? 

I shut the door behind them and walked back to the kitchen. Tam was holding his cards with a his eyebrows scrunched up. " What was that about?"

" I don't know," I sighed. " They want all of us here at seven to talk about something. Something that I have no idea what it will be about. What about Fitz? What if he's not better to come home?" I was panicking. " You know what," I hurried to the closet, grabbed my jacket and put it on. " I'm going to see Fitz." I pulled my crystal out of my left pocket. 

" Okay?" Tam set his cards down. " I'll go home and tell Linh." 

I smiled. " Thanks, honey." I gave him a kiss on his forehead before stepping into the light. " Healing Center!" I called.

And then I was whisked away.

**************************

FITZ'S POV

" So....they want ALL of us at Everglen? At seven? What time is it now?" I demanded. 

Biana sighed, and pulled out her imparter. " Five-fifteen."

I panicked. " I've gotta get out of here. Elwin!?"

The physician walked out of his office at the sound of my voice. 

" What do you need, Fitz?"

I swallowed and said very fast, " I need you to let me leave." 

Elwin tilted his head and gave me a funny look. " I overheard Biana talking about the councillors coming tonight. I suppose I can let you go. Provided you bring these elixers home with you."

" Great," I mumbled under my breath before saying in a louder tone, " Thanks Elwin. Can I leave right now?"

He sighed, flashed a light around me, and nodded slowly. 

" Great!" I shot out of bed, picturing Sophie's face when she would see me. 

" Be care-" Elwin's voice faded as Biana held her pathfinder to the light and it engulfed us. 

We had arrived home. 

So we walked in the front door, and found a surprise.

The councillors were already there.