004 - Or else what

Chapter 4: Or else what?

Brett Adams

"Oh gosh, what happened to your face?" Celia asked as I walked to the kitchen dining table.

"I got punched by a surprisingly very strong guy," I answered, smiling in memory.

"And it's funny?" Celia asked with a perfectly craved raised brow. "That spots all red."

"Yeah, I kinda deserved it," I pulled a chair out. "I was pestering him when he clearly didn't want company."

She placed our plates on the table, "and you like it?"

I shrugged, a faint smile still on. "I wanted a reaction and I got it. It's frustrating that he won't talk to me."

My mother scoffed, "it's just been a day and you're already chasing cock."

I pointed my fork at her, "now that's no way a mother should talk to a son." She mock glares. "Are you sure you read that How To Be A Mother For Dummies?"

She threw a napkin at me, "shut up and tell me all about the hot boy that punched you."

"Who told you he's hot?"

She just smirked, "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, right?"

I laughed, "he's more than hot. Alex says he was kissed by a goddess Aphrodite herself. That's how beautiful he is. For a moment I considered surgery being behind it but it's all real Celia, all real."

"Whoa," she placed a palm out as pause. "Who's Alex?"

"A new friend."

"Wow, Brett Adams from this morning is quacking!" She laughed and I stick my tongue out to her.

"When's Dad coming?"

She shrugged, "I have no idea. Maybe a week time."

"Hmm."

"So tell me everything, from Alex to Aphrodite lips to the punch."

I shake my head, "I'm not interested in him like that. I just met the guy." I wasn't lying and at the same time I was. There's no way I can stay in the same fucking class as Colton and remain. I don't know what this feeling is.

"And got punched."

"Exactly," I take a fork from my food. "He hates my guts apparently. I should leave him be."

Celia pouted, "and I was already shipping it."

I smile, "well, mother, it's not happening. I can't get into trouble this early."

"You're afraid of trouble now?" She smiled, "I approve."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not afraid of trouble," my fingers go to touch my face. "I'm just leaving it be for now."

Celia swallowed, "as a mother, I'm a hundred percent with you on this. But as a friend, I don't think you should give up what you clearly want just yet." She ate more. "You know what they say, trouble attracts trouble."

I touched my bruised face in thought. Colton was really good looking and there was something about him that I couldn't just brush out. I'm attracted to him no doubt but maybe showing it wouldn't be the best option now.

---

It's been a week and some days in Primal Boys and I've been making do so far. The subjects and topic were a bit hard to catch up to and I was struggling because I'm not exactly the most serious person when it comes to academics.

"I'm tired of this shit," I swore, closing my book shut. Alex who had left his seat and was sitting in front of me sighed.

"Mr Neville is going to ask for that assignment when he comes in, in ten minutes time," Alex said, "try harder. He's pretty strict."