010 - Bretty Bre

Chapter 10:  Bretty Bre

Brett Adams

"Brett," he called, making my name sound the sweetest it has ever.

"Colton," I smiled up at him, feeling happy that this time he approached me and without a shove or glare. Maybe he didn't hate me so much after all.

He took a seat beside me, doing me the honour of taking my bag up and dumping it on my legs. He kept is eyes forward, looking at the lacrosse guys. "What are you doing here?"

"Trying to unwind myself," I sighed, "I have had a very bad day."

He glanced at me and back ahead, "we have detention now and Mrs Fanning sent me to come find you."

"I'm not attending today's own. I'm tired of this fucking school."

Colton relexed back on the chair and ran a hand through his hair, "what happened after you were summoned? You never returned to any other class since then."

"Did you miss me?" I asked with a cheeky smile but Colton doesn't bother responding. "Turns out I actually did save you. The pictures never got your face but then there was a CCTV camera."

His neck turned so fast to me, I feared it'll snap. I chuckled, "calm down, it didn't get your face either and I denied knowledge of you. You're saved from it all."

"You helped me?"

I looked into his perfect eyes, "I got you into the mess in the first place, didn't I?"

"Didn't you get in more trouble doing that?"

"I did but," my father's face flashed to mind. "My dad got me out of it all."

"Of course."

"Hey," I touched his arm and he looked at me. "You know I didn't mean for all that to happen, right? It was never my intention to get you into trouble and anyway I have, I am very sorry. I'd really love it if you could forgive me."

"But I was right about you not being good for me," he bit his lip. "You spell trouble and I don't need any more of that."

"I'd be good?" I gave him my best sheepish smile. "And don't you owe me? I saved your ass."

"Like I did yours yesterday," he gestured with his hand. "I totally swooped in to save your damsel in distress ass."

"Bloke in distress," I corrected and he offered a slight smirk. "And not that anybody is counting but I think I've saved your ass twice since then. So, you still owe me, love."

"As you should have since you got me into it in the first place." If he noticed the endearment I chipped in, he didn't show.

"Saving is still saving," I pressed, jutting my lips out and hoping I looked cute.

"Fine," he narrowed his eyes at me but not in an angered way. "What do you want, forgiveness?"

I tilted my head at him, resting it on my palm as I looked at him, my tongue poking out my cheek. "Not just that."

"Not just that," he repeated with with an incredulous chuckle. "What else then, your highness?"

I leaned in closer to him and I expected him to move back but he didn't, he kept his eyes on me alert and on guard. "You."

He glared at me and I smiled, deciding to rephrase that. "I want your time Colton, a date."

"Mmhm," he scoffed, getting up to his feet. "Fuck off Brett Adams."

"Colton," I went after him, taking hold of his arm to stop him. "What, you don't swing that way? You're straight?"

He eyed me, pulling his hand off me. "None of your business."