008 - It is to me.

Chapter 8 : it is to me.

Brett Adams

Fortunately Colton's prayers don't get answered and for detention that day we were taken to the library to go arrange the books back in order in their various shelfs. This time Mrs Fanning asked us to read something out of every book, be it maths, science or even a novel. Just open it randomly and read out the first thing you see there. Unless it's a novel that you've read before, then you can go ahead and read out your favorite paragraph, if you have any.

Yep, like I've said before, Primal Boys is just else. They can never be as simple and precise as other schools and academys.

Library detention was more fun. They weren't any insults flying around and the glares were reduced to a minimum. We also had to work together in some places, for example, I hold on to the ladder while Colton gets on it and puts the books in their places. Or I'm stuffing the shelves and he's handing me the books to stuff in.

It took us two hours to be done with the library and even Colton couldn't hide the fact that it was tiring.

"Would you need a ride?" I asked as we exit the school one more time and only my car was left in the parking lot.

"No," he looked me over before walking away, his hands holding on to the straps of his bag.

"Come on," I pressed on. "I could save you the stress of whatever it is you're about doing to get home."

He pinched his brows at me, "and who told you it was stressful?"

I shrugged, "can't be as fast as my Ferrari, just saying."

"And what if a Lamborghi was waiting to pick me up at the junction?"

Hmm.

"Is there one?" He didn't answer. "If so, let me ride you to the junction then."

Shaking his head, Colton turned back around. "You just don't give up, do you?"

"So yes?" I was hopeful, accompanying that with a smile even.

"Of course not. Bug off my hair, would you?" He glared, giving me one last look before walking away.

Sigh.

I tried yelling after him. "Colton, I was just trying—"

"Brett Adams," Someone shouted, cutting me off. With a frown, I turned around to see who was yelling out my name. The ginger head from this afternoon came into view, flagged by two other guys. They didn't have their uniforms on anymore and the other two I've not seen before. It was the ginger head who called and he had a menacing smirk on. "Isn't it?"

I frowned, confused about what exactly was going on. "Who's asking?" What was his name again... Princess?

The ginger head looked at his two friends with a smile. "You don't need to know, I'm certain you're the bloke I'm looking for."

I crossed my hands in front of me, a hard frown still on. "What do you want?"

He started advancing closer, "I just want to send a message." I raised a brow and he started cracking his knuckles, "you need to stay the fuck away from what's mine."

"And what's that exactly?"

"A certain blond you were locking lips with today," He looked pained just saying that.

I didn't get it and it took some thinking before it finally clicked. "Alex?" The deeper scowl on his face answered me. I broke into a laugh, a hard mocking laughter. "You're putting claim on Alex? Last I checked, he was still a personal and not trophy and he was fucking single."