Mark

"Nova it is then."

Momiplier had calmed me down enough that I had fell asleep not to long after my episode. Once I woke, she was kind enough to tell me the time and what was going on outside for me.

As we talked, more doctors came in. Doing work ups on both her and I.

The daytime doctor had told me that my back had been healing fine and my ribs would take a few weeks to return to 100 percent. But that would need physical therapy.

With my sight, they say they're not sure on how it happened or if it will return. The only thing they recommend is to adapt to the lifestyle for now.

I had asked for an update on my family but I could tell from their reluctant pause that no one had claimed me yet.

While waiting on Momiplier's check up to finish, I heard another set of footsteps enter the room.

I scrunch my nose. I thought I just saw the doctor. Did I lose my sense of time while blinded?

"Oh! Sorry I'll wait over here." He excused himself and the footsteps walked closer to the foot of my bed. "You don't mind do you?"

I shook my head. "You're not another doctor are you?"

He laughed. "Seen too many?"

I waved my hands in front of my face, smiling. "None at all actually."

His tone changed immediately as he stammered over his words. "O-Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like-"

"Man that won't get old." I waved it off laughing at his reaction. "Don't worry about it."

He chuckled a little before stepping closer, a squeaking noise and a plop following behind it. "So what's your name?"

"Right now, it's Nova." I answered turning my head to his direction smiling.

"Nova, huh? I like that. Like the stars."

I nodded smiling before gesturing over to Momiplier's bed. "She helped me with my name."

"Why'd you need a name?" He asked his voice low as he questioned me.

"Amnesia. It sucks already that I woke up unable to see and now I don't remember anything before yesterday." I sighed laying back into the pillows.

He stayed silent as he took it all in. I wouldn't have minded if it didn't feel like there was someone staring at me.

"So, mystery man. What's your name?" I asked turning to him again.

"Oh, me? Mark. I'm her son." He said. "But I'm sure you knew she had a son."

Oh shit. That's Mark?

I smiled deviously as I crossed my arms. "Oh sure. I know that Momiplier had a son, Markiplier. Famous YouTuber."

"Wha- Mom!" Mark called out over to his mom, she shushed him before he got another word in.

I heard him sit back down and sigh. "How much did she say?"

"A lot." I smiled, uncrossing my arms. "But all good things. She's really sweet."

"Oh most definitely. But she has tricks up her sleeve too so you better watch out." Mark says.

"Will do." I laugh.

We sat in silence again, listening to the doctors as they talk to Momiplier. How they were releasing her within a few days to go home.

Mark then coughed bringing me to look in his direction.

"So.. do you have family coming?" He asked.

I shook my head, "no one knows I've been in a car accident but the doctors."

"Mhm..." Mark hummed as he thought to himself. "It's something I'd have to check first, but maybe my mom can let you stay."

"Your mom?" I laughed a little.

"I mean I would take you in! But I fly back in a week and I don't think your bones would like that too much." He exclaimed trying to explain himself.

"Where is this coming from?" I asked before accepting anything from the man I had met.

Mark sighed. "I want to try to help you."

"Help me? Like my sight, family.."

"Your memories. I want to help get them back for you." His voice seemed hopeful.

I couldn't help but to smile, nodding at his kind gesture. "I would love it if you could help me."

"Let's do it then."

He paused after before groaning. "Fuck."

"What'd you do?"

"Tried to give you a handshake."

//Hello!!

I've written like 3 of these chapters at once so bare with me 😭.

I had to include the handshake because I loved it but it wasn't included well in the last book. (Much wasn't) but now more plot is included!

Don't know much else to put so thanks for reading!
-MikeyMae//