Escape

Let's hope this will work.

TW: Physical Abuse, Phycological Abuse. Hotlines are posted below

I laid on the couch, holding Rose in one arm and my hand on Chica, below us. River laid on the recliner, one show away from a nights sleep.

Rose and I talked as quietly as we could. Talking about her hobbies and what she enjoyed since I've been gone. She responded to me in short sentences. I could tell she didn't want to disturb them.

So I held her as close as I could, humming softly in her ear. Rose would relax for a moment before she tensed over and over again trying not to fall asleep.

But then we heard the relieving sound of a snore.

I pulled Rose close to my mouth while staying as still as I possibly could.

"Rosey?" I whispered. "Are they asleep?"

She hesitantly picked her head up and glanced over onto the recliner before she set her head back and nodded.

I smiled in relief before I held her close, waiting a few more minutes to ensure that they were asleep.

"Now Rosey." I started, my voice barely above a whisper. "Let's go get some fresh air okay?"

I felt her nod again as I sat up. I could tell she was starting to get tired, so I rubbed her back.

I quietly followed Chica to the door. I followed the doorframe up and unlocked the locks River had put up as a precautionary measure.

Grabbing my phone out I called the two. Mark was the first to pick up.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm at the door now. I got Rosey." I whispered back with a smile.

"Great." Mark said in relief. "We're down the street.. To the left." 

I reached my hand back down to the door knob and opened it, feeling the breeze on my face with a smile.

Freedom once again.

I stepped my bare feet out onto the concrete only to hear a loud buzzing noise. Rose took her hands from me and started whining. Chica started to whine as well with the noise.

"What's all that noise?" Jack asked though the phone. 

"He found me."
Panicked, I set Rosey down and took her hand, wrapping it around Chica's collar.

"Rosey. Follow Chica okay? Chica will take you to the safe men okay?" My eyes started to water as I heard River's snore stop eruptly.

I turned my phone around and showed her the screen of the call still in progress, thanking mark for putting pictures in it even if I couldn't see. "Go to these two okay? You can trust these two. They'll get me out. I won't leave you again."

Rosey grabbed me as she started to cry with me. "No, no I don't want to go!" She called as her little nails dug into me, pleading for me to go with her.

I heard as Rivers footsteps got closer, the sound thundering in my ears. "You have to go baby. I'll be back for you again." I gave her a small kiss on the forehead before I gave her a gentle push.

"Chica take her to the Boys." I tell her, before standing up. I heard the sound of the taps of Chica's footsteps and the slaps of Rosie's bare feet as they set of to Mark and Jack.

My heart felt heavy again as I hung up the phone but I turned to confront River once more. This time my daughter wasn't there to get hurt, so I can finally stand up for myself.