Depression

"Don't forget... I still love you."

I sat in the car with Jack and Chica beside me, replying what Mark had said over and over again.

He loved me?

We hadn't said that to each other before. It made my heart flutter each time I thought about it..

Jack softly tapped my hand, interrupting my looping thoughts of Mark. "You know Mark just worries right?"

I turn to him and nodded.. "I know.. I'm just.." I sigh as I drop my hand and pet Chica. "I want to see my family. I didn't want to be told that he knew months ago."

Jack sighed. "But.. Something was going on that we were trying to protect you from.."

I stop mid-pet and glance at Jack. "What would I need protecting from..?"

"Well.." I heard Jack's phone click open and him shuffle his way through apps. "While searching.. Mark and I found a police report.."

"A police report?" I asked. "What like a noise complaint?"

"If you're a super noisy person than that would explain the few pages of reports.." He continued quietly.

"Pages? The fuck are they for?"

"Mark dug a little deeper and..." Jack reached down to hold my hand. "(Y/n).. He was going to tell you but it was difficult because we didn't want this sort of thing to happen."

"What thing? Fucking tell me."

"Mark didn't want you going back and the police reports starting back up again... They started because your partner abused you..."

This was a mistake.. I could feel it in my bones.

I could feel the fear in my soul as we inches closer to my old home.

I started to clench to Jack's hand as I began to panic.
"Jack.." I called his name. "Jack, I can't."

Jack reached over and held me like he did when he first broke the news. "We can turn around now. It's okay."

I tried to nod but I stopped myself.
"What about my baby..?"

I could feel jack shake his head. "No. We can find a way to get her back. We're not risking your life-"

"Fuck that." I pushed him away, still shaky from the idea of coming face to face with my partner. "I'm not leaving her alone any longer. I'm getting her out."

I could hear Jack's reluctance before he agreed. "Okay. But Mark and I will be waiting for you nearby. We'll be your escape."

I nod as I sat back to calm myself down and to think of a plan. Hopefully more of the past as well so I can blend in more with my partner. But I couldn't stop thinking of Mark and how much I might have hurt him by doing this.

Again I turn to Jack. "Will Mark hate me?"

Jack laughed softly squeezing my hand that he still held. "Of course not. He loves you."

I nodded, not completely reassured.

"But if it makes you feel better, I'll message him."

I nod again, with a smile as I turn back to return back to planning.

Once we arrived at the house, my nerves were at an all time high. I hid my phone and put it on silent making sure that they wouldn't be able to find it.

I hadn't really came up with a plan, nor remembered any past memories.

Jack told me that their name was River, and my daughter was named Rose. He also told me him and Mark were going to stay at a hotel not far from the house so if it comes to it, just start running and they'll pick me up.