:•● 6 ●•:

chapter 6
he's my baby

( ꈍᴗꈍ)

"i can't believe i'll see him again! i bet he's all grown up! is he a big boy now, nee-chan?! is he?!" you imagined yourself pinching his cheeks and made pinching motions with your index fingers and thumbs. osano stared at you with a weirded out look meanwhile taeko reminisced over her little brother's cuteness.

"of course! he's still tiny, though! promise me you won't squeeze him to death when you see him." taeko joked and gave you a small smile.

"stop treating him like he's a baby. he's in his first year of high school already, you idiot." osano hissed and glared down at you. his cheeks tinted pink when he saw your face in endless bliss. you were just too cute, he thought.

"but he is one. he's my baby. have you seen how cute he is?! i bet puberty has done nothing to taint it." you retorted back and slapped the back of osano's head, to which he shot a burning glare to you back.

"ugh, whatever." osano groaned and looked away. you slowly recovered from his tsundere impact and start talking with your senpai.

you're such a tease, his mind rambled. a cute tease though, a voice in his head told him. he stared that voice down mentally and stabbed it twenty-eight times. his mind started to wander and all those thoughts were about you.

he wasn't sure who he liked anymore. was it senpai? you? he wasn't completely sure. he thought he had gotten over you long ago, but now you're back and you're more of a goddess than ever.

"osaaaaaa-chaaaannnn~ what are you thinking about, sweetie?" you prodded, pulling at his sleeve. he peered at you for a few seconds before looking away.

"n-nothing. leave me alone, you dumbass." he stuttered, glaring at me hard mentally. you almost felt it and had a shiver going down your spine.

"gah- your words wound me sharper than ever, osa-cha-" you gagged when you felt his elbow collide hard into your gut. your soul left your body and you saw the heavens. though, taeko shook you conscious.

when you made it to school, you hanged out at the plaza for a bit. of course, most of what you did was annoy osano and talk giddily with taeko.

ugh, it's ayato staring at us again, osano thought bitterly, attempting not to turn to ayato's gaze. ayato had always stalked them and osano was fully aware. osano wanted to confront him, but something about ayato was just off to him. ayato seemed very fake.

when it was five minutes before class, you walked with osano. you hummed to yourself as you swung side to side. you felt a few stares on you, but they didn't seem negative so you ignored them. you were lost in thought when you had a certain question pop up in your head.

"hey, osa-chan?" he perked up at your question and looked toward your (his words, not yours) stupid face.

"what?" he spoke through his teeth, giving you a soft glare.

"did anyone sit here before me? i'm curious because you always look like you expect someone else to be on this seat when class ends." osano sighed at your question and leaned his head on his palm while looking you dead in the eye.

"yeah. my best friend." osano mumbled, averting his gaze to ayato who was monotonously looking straight at the board with a stiff figure.

"but taeko and i are your only best friends? what do you mean?" you tilted your head, causing his face to suddenly light up in red. you raised an eyebrow at his sudden color change.

"how simple-minded are you? i have different friends you know. he's having a family emergency so he had to leave. you might have to change seats in the future. i honestly can't stand having you sit next to me all year." osano ranted, staring bitterly at the ground. you pouted and looked away with a thoughtful glint in your eyes.

class went on as usual. you leaned back into your seat when the bell rang loudly throughout the school. twisting a finger through your hair, you pondered on what to do.

you could go to the garden. that would be nice. maybe you could check out the different clubs. how about the occult club? why did they allow that club again? whatever. hang out with one of your new acquaintances? oo~, finally a good idea.

amao? you had a nice conversation, sure, but you weren't completely sure if that would occur again, or you would seem clingy. ayato? oop, out of the question. you barely ever saw him during lunch. who knows where he goes?

oh, you know! rito aso, he was pretty cool. content with your decision, you stood up and took the bento out of your bag. you looked over to the orange, finding him watching you expectantly.

you awkwardly smile along with a chuckle and shake your head. he replied with an irk mark on his forehead, but he understood. you could feel the stares of the people walking up to you, ready to ask you to have lunch with them. shaking them all off with a small smile, they swooned and backed off. you gave a curious glance to ayato, who was walking out of the door.

he somehow felt your glance and peered back at you. ayato gave you a blank stare that you felt pierce your confidence and slowly turned his head away, leaving that classroom right away. feeling your heart ache in anxiety, you quickly left the classroom.

when you had gotten outside, you looked around for the sports club. seeing them at the pool in the distance, you perked up and grinned excitedly. picking up into a light run, you eventually made it there with small pants exiting your mouth. going up the stairs, you scanned the area filled with mostly guys and a few girls (not cannon, but i need more athletic girls in yansim) in their swimming gear.

it was slightly odd for them to be swimming during lunch time but you didn't push any questions. your eyes caught onto a certain tanned blond and your eyes lit up in excitement.

"hey, rito-san! want to have lunch together when you're done?"

( ꈍᴗꈍ)

i made a publishing schedule. i may not always publish immediately on that day, and if not, the next publish day i'll have both chapters. but i'll most likely post on these days if i'm not having anything going on.

i'll post on monday, wednesday, and friday (my time is utc+10) and maybe even tuesday, thursday, and saturday if it's that time for you when i publish at an ungodly time in the morning (i'm sure a lot of authors do it, it's 2:31 am writing this a/n)

last time i checked before publishing this, we were at 420 reads. i know it's immature to point that out, but i had to.