there is no place for me

What is going to make her look like a complete fool than accepting the invitation to Zhuoyi's wedding and actually coming with her to the house where the couple lives? Wow, I am on a different level of pathetic. Yuxin thinks to herself.

She removes her shoes and as soon as she does, she scans the living room with awe. Their apartment looked like a typical one, except it had that little touch of modern on it and to be honest, it looked nicer than she had expected.

"Sorry if it's a bit messy for your taste, we're just going through the process pf moving in." Zhuoyi says timidly. Zhuoyi was wearing a dress that ran down to her ankles and an apron on top of it to protect it from the mess of her kitchen.

Yuxin raises an eyebrow at Zhuoyi, confused at what she said. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, we're not really living together yet," she explains. Yuxin was quick to find out that she was restricting to say what Zhuoyi really wanted to say, and it peaked her curiosity.

Yuxin shakes her head to shoo the thought away as she thought that it was rude to ask her that type of questions because, surprise, it was none of her business.

She steps in the house feeling the eerie atmosphere around. A mix of worry and amazement struck Yuxin as she drags her fingertips along the leather surface of their couch. "Everything is new here," she comments ans Zhuoyi chuckles.

"Well yeah, Zhang Fei wanted everything to be new," Zhuoyi sighs, while she brushes the dirt off the strawberries in her hands.

"Wow. I'm still using that Nike sweater from Youth with You."

So Zhang Fei is her fiancé's name. Yuxin looks around again and the more she stays in there, the feeling of being alone gets stronger.

Sure, Zhuoyi invited her and she was the one who agreed to come here but, the house was filled with their furniture, decor, cups and plates with fancy designs. The longer she stayed, she felt a bit out of place. There is not a single millimeter was for Yuxin.

Zhuoyi puts out a small bowl filled with strawberries for Yuxin and a cup of tea for her. "So, Zhuoyi what does your husband do?" Yuxin asks, not that she cared about what was happening between these two, just... at least pretend she was not in pain. She hid that knee injury from her fans for a long time, this would be easy.

"Oh, he's an actor. When I was starting out as an actress, he helped me a lot with techniques and stuff," Yuxin stares at Zhuoyi as the words she says goes inside one ear and out the other. Nah, she wasn't interested with her husband at all.

Yuxin pretends she was listening, "So that's how you met!" Zhuoyi nodded and continues to ramble about her fiancé while they eat strawberries and drink tea.

"You," Yuxin stops in the middle of her sentence, thinking about the possible consequences, "You're really going for this marriage thing, aren't you?" She asks as she lowers her head down, expecting for the worst. The thing is, Yuxin already knew what was coming but there was this small spark of hope that she was planning to leave it all behind and be with Yuxin instead.

Zhuoyi's eyes softened and her heart cracks a little upon hearing Yuxin's question. "I am," she says lowly, "I... I never expected it to be like that either."

The atmosphere suddenly was heavy and Yuxin regrets asking. "How 'bout you?" Zhuoyi feigns excitement, "That's actually a juicy question, come on now!"

"Not really something of relevance to me," Yuxin takes another sip on her tea, "I'm still... the way I was back then."

Zhuoyi's grin dropped, "You and me," she reminisced those times they shared together and it felt warm in her heart. "We had really wonderful times together!" she plays with her fingers, her turn to regret asking such questions.

Zhuoyi's phone beeped and she already knew who texted her. "Looks like Zhang Fei is on his way here already."

Yuxin gets up andd bows sligthly, "I guess I'll take my leav-"

"Stay with us for dinner."

---
*unedited