small voice

To Yuxin, going inside Zhuoyi's house felt a bit natural. Unlike the house that Zhang Fei and her planned to live in, this house was just more... Zhuoyi. There was a pretty flower on a vase placed on top of a glass table; it was a sunflower. Knowing Zhuoyi, she had always liked making things a bit brighter. No matter what it is— an object or a situation, she always knew how to make cloudy days fun.

Those were one of the things that Yuxin liked about Zhuoyi. Just that radiant energy flowing out of her gets her or nearly anyone going. It was too radiant, in fact. How could she even have all that positive energy and have some for her self? Or she doesn't save some for Zhuoyi. The last thought makes Yuxin sad. She was selfless in a way if that was true.

"Are you tired or do you want to eat more? I can make pasta!" Zhuoyi asks Yuxin, and she just smiles at the girl and shakes her head.

"I want to sleep now,"

"Sleep in my room," Zhuoyi says straightforwardly again. Not long, she realized that it may sound wrong to Yuxin and she doesn't want her to misunderstand. "I-I mean, I have an extra cushion a-and you can use that."

Zhuoyi looks down, face red and she was all fiddly to which Yuxin finds adorable. Zhuoyi rushed to her own room and struggles to find the extra cushion but manages to find it anyways.

She places the cushion on the floor and prepped it until it was nice enough to be slept on. After she has prepared, she sat beside the cushion and watched Yuxin get under the covers. "You have classes tomorrow?" Zhuoyi asks.

Yuxin nods and fiddles with the ends of her blanket. "How about you? Do you have any schedules?"

"Nah, I'm just staying here tomorrow." Zhuoyi stands up and plops herself on her bed, streching her almost sore limbs. "Ah! I'm so tired~"

It was quiet for a while, until Zhuoyi spoke again, "You know, meeting you again really brings back memories!" how many times have she said that since they met? Was she trying to imply something or she just wanted to get it out of her chest? She just can't stop telling her that.

Yuxin, not wanting to feel hurt again, didn't answer and evaded the topic. "What time are you going to get up tomorrow?"

Zhuoyi wasn't really happy of the response she got. What was she expecting anyways, Zhuoyi very well knows that all of this was slowly killing Yuxin but, maybe a tiny part of her wanted Yuxin to take her away from everything right now.

"Heyyy~" she whines, "Skipping practice so we could see the sunset, singing love songs in the dorms," she smiles remembering the things that they did way back. She chuckles at another memory, maybe it was best to not say it for the sake of keeping both of their sanities but she blurts it out anyways.

"Ooh! And searching for places we could sneek kisses into."

She plays with her hairtie while she was smiling widely, "Sometimes I just wish that it went on forever," she bites her lower lip to prevent herself from shedding a tear or two, "But I guess I needed to 'act my age', just like everyone else were saying."

"I don't think I've changed like you did, Zhuoyi," Yuxin lets out air out of her nostrils as she felt like it was suffocating her, "Don't you just want to run away from it all?"

There was silence but Yuxin persisted to break that silence. "Zhuoyi, are you really happy?" thinking about it, this was not the best time to tell her that she would make Zhuoyi happy but, shoot the shot.

Zhuoyi didn't answer and it was taking too long and it was nerve-wracking for Yuxin. She decides she was very unpatient so she sits up and sees that Zhuoyi had already dozed off.

Disappointed, but she thought that it would be nice for her to get some sleep. Like Zhuoyi had said earlier, she wasn't one person now.

Zhuoyi was sleeping peacefully and Yuxin thought she was ethereal. Zhuoyi was pretty, no lie in that but what actually makes her pretty was her outlook on things such as: there was a reason for everything happening and doing the best you can at everything.

Right now, Yuxin doubts that Zhuoyi was even sticking to those things anymore.

Yuxin starts to sweep the hairs that was on Zhuoyi's face so that she could see her better. "Zhuoyi, I still like you." after she had said that her heart pumped a little bit faster and blood started to rush on her cheeks.

And yes, she said that out loud. Embarrassed, she turned her back to Zhuoyi, contemplating if she would just leave now or since Zhuoyi was asleep, let it bee and wish for it to not bother her in the morning.

"I think I might be falling for you too,"

Yuxin's eyes widens as her face gets redder, if that was even possible. She turns around and see Zhuoyi looking over her with sleepy eyes and a slight smile on her lips.

It was as if she was drawn closer and closer to her and she couldn't bring herself to not touch her. Zhuoyi said that in the smallest voice she could make, Yuxin could barely hear it over her breath.

One touch and she feels like she was burning but she leans in anyway until their lips were already touching. It sparked fire in her gut an addicting sensation, such familiar feeling.

How could she pretend to not hear it?

---
*unedited

lmao i didnt notice i never updated this in 5 days wtf... not much things happened actually... i was just very.... lazy lmao sorry