get out of my face

"Stay with us for dinner." Zhuoyi says sternly, looking at the other girl in her eyes.

Yuxin could only blink. Was she really serious about this? Eating dinner with your ex and her soon to be husband—wasn't that too much now? Yuxin tried to grasp what was happening and what went in Zhuoyi's head for her to let her ex seat dinner... with her fiancé?

Was Zhuoyi doing this on purpose? Yuxin once again tried to grasp all of the occurance forcefully in her head which was not the best idea. All she got was a sharp headache and unsolicited pain in her chest.

"N-no, I still hav-" before she could even finish her sentence, Zhuoyi shot her the biggest puppy eyes and the most adorable pout. Yuxin still had that soft side for her.

Man, it's been two years.

"Please!!" Zhuoyi shouts—shrieks, in a voice so thin, it was sharp and it pierced through Yuxin's ears, to her skull. God, it was painful to hear. "Yuxin, please stay with us for dinner," Zhuoyi continues to plead eye sockets now being filled with fake tears.

Knowing that she doesn't have any possible way out, Yuxin sighs. "F-fine," she says, not sure of what she was to expect from them.

All of this has got to be a plan, right? Yuxin attempts to get her head leveled with reality now. This was reality. She was going to eat dinner with her ex and her ex's fiancé. What the fuck.

Maybe Zhuoyi was cruel and she decided to make Yuxin feel like she was alone. To Yuxin, it was alright, she knew she was going to be alone from the day that they broke up but all of this, it felt like she was slapped in the face.

It hurted badly. She was a hundred percent sure Zhuoyi knew what she would feel. Was she that inconsiderate? Well, she broke her heart before, doing it again should be a piece of cake.

Zhuoyi smiles at her, something that she liked seeing. It used to be sweet and it brightens up her day. Now it was just nothing but wicked. A smile that was up to no good. But there was something about her smile that told her she was thankful to have her over for dinner. Something in the lines of: thank you for saving me.

Yuxin almost wanted to puke. Her insides were turning from experiencing differeng wmotions at the time. They were all coming so fast at her, she doesn't have any idea how to juggle it all.

After what she assumed five minutes, the lock on the apartment clicked, signaling that someone came inside. Yuxin can feel her body jerking upwards upon hearing the man's footsteps going towards where Zhuoyi and her.

"Zhuoyi? I'm home!" he yells. Hus voice was deeper than the ocean and it was a bit husky. He stands at what Yuxin can say is a good one-hundred and seventy-eight centimeters. His posture screams dominance and Yuxin felt small.

"Hey, we have a visitor over." Zhuoyi fakes a smile at her fiancé and looks at me, "We used to be in an idol survival show together."

Zhang Fei looks over at her and Yuxin tensed a bit, not much for the male to notice. He walks over at her direction and reached out his hand for a handshake.

Yuxin doesn't want to grab his hand but if she doesn't she'll cause unnecessary tension and that was the last thing she wanted to happen tonight.

She accepts the handshake anyway, as if she had other choices. "Zhang Fei," he says coolly, "Nice to meet you."

"Liu Yuxin." she states shortly but not blunt. She was scared and wanted to scurry away from there.

"Oh! You're Liu Yuxin?!" he says almost excitedly, "I heard a lot of you from Zhuoyi,"

Yuxin couldn't believe what she was hearing. Zhuoyi... talks about her to her fiancé? "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, Zhuoyi never seems to shut up about you." he continues, "I heard you helped her a lot. Ah, she must be some kind of burden to you. Imagine going all the way to teach someone who doesn't even know how to dance."

Wait, come again? Was she hearing things right or she was imagining things? Yuxin took a reality check by pinching her thigh and nothing changed. This was real, that man is real, and Zhuoyi is going to marry a man like this... fucking twisted.

"U-um, I really don't mind. She works very hard." now she was just calming herself, telling the inner Yuxin not to curse at this man in front of her.

"People don't even look at that. She's got talent that's so average. It's all because of her looks." he sits down while Zhuoyi was now handing us our plates, "She's pretty cute, I guess."

"Hey! Don't tell her embarrassing things," Zhuoyi interrupts their conversation.

What was happening? Why the fuck was this guy super rude to Zhuoyi? He was her fiancé, it doesn't make sense. Everything now doesn't make sense. Yuxin can only grit her teeth now. She wanted to punch this guy right here, right now. How dare he disrespect Zhuoyi like that!

Her hands were forming fists, so hard that she almost tore her own skin with her fingernails. "I need to get home, asap." she stands up abruptly, and bowing at them, "I'm sorry, I need to go home."

With that, Yuxin heads for the door. She couldn't bear the sight of Zhuoyi being disrespected like that.

---
*unedited