past events reflect one's character

"Ugh, I just hate Zhang Fei!" the woman groans and sips her coffee, placing it on the table in front of her.

The woman in front of her just chuckles and shrugs her comment away. "Why? What did he do to you?"

"You know how much I've worked hard for the script, right?" she says, running her fingers through her hair, frustrated. "Well, the director called me earlier and he said that Zhang Fei didn't like the script so he had to tell me I have to do that scene all over again!"

"Eyy, you know him," the other woman sighs, while she gets her cup of warm water from the dispenser. "If it doesn't suit his image, he doesn't like it."

Her eyebrows met at the center of her forehead as she stirs her coffee, "You know, there's something odd about how he treats women," she says, remembering the things he had said to her a few months ago.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"You know, when a person just didn't grow up too close with girls? Or just with anyone in general."

Zhang Fei stood there, his coffee getting colder as the air conditioner blew. He feels the pain on his gums with how hard his teeth were clenched. The memories that he tried so hard to shove behind his unconscious mind was brought up. It felt like a wound has been opened up for him.

Now he doesn't know what to do but he walks away from his two co-workers, teeth clenched and fist closed.

Women, truly are cruel.

---

*unedited