Author's Note

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to read Moon Drunk. This is the first book in a series spanning time from medieval history to present-day. The main characters are werewolves, although in the first book, that is not such a large part of the story. The relationships with humans will become much more prevalent in the second book.

I plan to update at least one chapter a week. There are 36 chapters to Moon Drunk.

There are some mature themes, adult language, some scenarios that are uncomfortable regarding sex (implied rape), but that would have been common in history. There is domestic violence, murder, and suicide. There will be mental health issues, drug abuse, and violence in the series as well. 

I have been writing all my life, but never had the guts to actually put my writing out for others to see. I would appreciate any comments, especially if you see something inconsistent or something you would like to see expanded a bit more. I am happy with constructive criticism, as one day I would love to see my works published. 

One goal I have is to have characters with great depth. If there is a way you think I could improve this, please tell me!

Thank you again for reading and commenting. 

Christy

I have decided to publish the modern-day book from the Moon Drunk series along with Moon Drunk: Origins. Others will fill in the historical timeline, but the present-day story is what started it all. If you do find yourself interested, you can read either as a stand-alone book, but there is a lot to learn about the main characters that you will find in Origins. 

Thank you to @TheSanguineSongbird for taking the time to read and give feedback! You are the first person in history to ever read my work (aside from my English teachers in high school!), and I still feel a little nauseous to think that someone is out there reading this...but your words also gave me confidence. :)

5/13/2020 Update - there are four points of view throughout the story. Felicite is our main view into this world, but we will also see the world through the eyes of Julien, Dulce, and Killian. I will add a *** name *** before the parts that differ in POV.

5/24/20 Update - Huge shoutout to @charlottemallory for the cover for Moon Drunk: Origins. I gave zero guidance and yet this cover is exactly what I wanted. Thank you!!

6/6/20 Question for those reading - Killian and Dulce took off on me and demanded their own voices. Would readers prefer their story as part of Origins, or their own separate story in the Moon Drunk series? Let me know what you think.

7/10/20 - One chapter left for this book. Book two is already in the works. There is so much more to tell. Thank you to those who have been reading and commenting and keeping me motivated to continue. I am grateful to you for helping me find the courage to write.