Chapter 1

Just another night of me crying on the curb. Another night of being used. Another night of me getting my hopes up just to be heartbroken. I've never broken this cycle and I don't know if I'm ever going to be strong enough too do that.

Bruises on my knees, cuts on my hand from the gravel, tired sore eyes from crying. Exhaustion filled my body. Thoughts over fill my brain, questioning am I good enough? As I'm thinking, I don't notice that he's standing over me. I wipe my eyes and stand up with a little bit of excitement filling my body, thinking that he's come to say sorry and drive me home but that excitement soon disappears when I see the look on he's face.

"get up, I don't want my parents coming home to a crying girl out the front of their house." he says this as he grabs my arm and pulls me down the street away from he's house.

"let go Lamelo." I say with desperation but he doesn't listen. We travel on like this for 2 more minutes.

"go home Shayna." he says, venom lacing he's words.

I don't say anything but walk off down the dark street barefoot. I walk for bout an hour crying before I arrive home. The house is dark so that means my family is asleep, I creep up to my room and I don't bother getting dressed. I fall asleep straight away.

The next morning

I wake up with tear stained cheeks and a dry throat. I have a shower and get dressed for my lazy Sunday. I watch prison break for a couple hours until I get a text, I look to see whose its from and no surprise its Lamelo. Saying how he's sorry and wants me back, like he always does but this time I'm breaking the cycle. I block he's number and him on all my socials. I let a few tears drop, happy tears. I feel as if I'm free, but one thing that kills my mood is that I go to school with him. I sit in my room on the floor looking at all the photos of him and I. After I'm done with all that I focus on my situation, I search up all the schools near me I see a few good ones and head down stairs to ask my parents.

" hey mum and dad, can I ask you something?" I say with hope in my voice

" why do you want to move?" my mothers asked with curiosity

"I just want a fresh start." i say

" ye just find a school." my dad says

And with that I head to my room smiling.

First chapter out, hope you enjoyed it. If you want to request something just comment or pm me!