His sister

(A/N: I dedicate this to my brother who served as a United States Marine. We may have our differences but the day you left killed me. I'm so blessed that you made it home and thank you for your sacrifice. I love you and thank you for coming back to me. -Storywriter19)

I sat there on the couch as mom and dad yelled at each other. He was really leaving. I looked over to see him with his eyes shut tight and his knee bouncing nervously.

"Remember when you use to scare the living crap out of me Kent?" I asked trying to ignore the yelling. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yah, then you would come and steal my stuff like a little thief." He laughed.

"I need you to scare the living crap out of those terrorists." I said determined to be brave for my parents. He matched my determined look and nodded. Mom came in tears streaming down her face.

"Mom please get along with dad. I'll be fine. I promise." Kenton stood and hugged our mother. Dad came in looking tired. My brother walked over to him and hugged him too. We heard a horn outside making both of my parents tense. Kenton gulped and grabbed his sea bag. "I'll see you guys in seven months. Please don't fight."

He smiled sadly and walked out the front door. I hesitated a minute before running after him.

"KENTON! WAIT!" I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly. "You come back to me you hear? You come back to me. I love you. I love you. I love you."

"I love you too. I will come back." He said hugging me back. I shoved my class ring in his hand and told him to take it with him to Iraq.

"Prove it. Bring this back to me." I smiled, wiping a tear away, and waved as he got into the black SUV. As I watched the car drive away, I knew my brother would do anything to get back home. To our mom and dad. To me.