You going to make it?

A/N: The song I am talking about is off to the side and my brother and I did sing it in high school but not together. He's too cool to sing with his baby sister XD. Anyways enjoy your day! -Storywriter19

"Charlie!!!" I yelled into the phone.

"Hey baby girl. How's it going?" He sounded tired. He always did when he calls.

"So the choir is so excited to meet you. I told them my big brother was coming!!!!" I laughed. "You're going to make it right?"

"I don't know baby girl. Things have been kind of hectic lately and i don't know if I'll be home in time. If I'm not you make sure you sing as pretty as if I was there got it?" Charlie never use to miss my choir concerts. But now he was a Marine and never made it for anything. We use to have this close bond and now its like we never talk, which we don't.

I sighed a bit before looking at my mom. She was tapping her watch telling me i was going to be late for practice. I nodded at her and sighed again.

"I got it Charlie. I got to go. I'm going to be late for practice. I love you." I said quickly.

"I love you too. Sing pretty and don't forget what I said." I heard a click and hung up myself.

A few weeks have passed since I last talked to Charlie and it was depressing. Tonight was the concert and I wanted him to call so he could at least hear the concert through the phone. My dad said that somethings came up and he probably wouldn't be able to call. I was in the dressing room putting on the dress that was manditory for all female choir members.

"So is he here yet?" A friend of mine asked.

"No, he had some stuff come up and can't make it." I held in a sniff. Tonight we were singing a song that Charlie sang when he was in choir himself and I wanted him to be here for it. My friend helped me fix my hair and we went to warm up with the rest of the choirs.

Two choirs went ahead of us and now it was our turn. We were going to sing three songs before we sang The Awakening. We got through the first two songs without a problem. The third one was if-y since we didn't get to practice it much. Finally it came to The Awakening. I sighed and lifted my head. The choir director went to the microphone and announced the song.

"Next we have The Awakening arranged by Joseph Martin. One of our altos has a brother in the armed services and back when he went to school he sang this. He unfortunately couldn't be in the audience tonight." My director sighed and then went on. "So we have him coming up here to sing the song with us. Charlie if you may?"     

I turned quickly to see my brother walking out in the choir uniform. I couldn't hold the sobs in as I rushed to hug him. He hugged me back and laughed quietly.

"You made it." I looked up at him.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. You ready?" He took my hand and led me back to the front of the choir. My choir director smiled at me and then started the song. The song started out slow and then built. It changed from a minor cord to a major and i couldn't believe my brother was next to me and singing with me. As soon as the song ended, people were standing and clapping for us. But I just looked at my brother as he gave me a kiss on the forehead and hugged me again. What a concert!