Can We Talk?

I somehow found myself in a mixed tag match with Colby and Joe against Daniel Bryan, Brie Bella and The Miz. I have no idea why the hell I was the one picked to be in this match, but I wasn't going to argue about it. My music hit and I made my way down to the ring. Colby and Daniel Bryan started off and went back and forth for a while. Bryan got the upper hand and I got tagged in. I wasn't afraid of him and I wasn't afraid of Brie either. I went towards him and he tagged in Brie. She came in and nailed me with a drop kick. I did a nip up and drop kicked her myself. I picked her up and Irish whipped her off of the ropes and hit her with a clothesline. She went over and tagged in The Miz. He smirked at me and I got him with a step up insiguri before tagging in Joe. I looked down at Jon who was ringside and he winked at me. I smirked and went back to paying attention to the match. Colby was tagged in again and he at Miz were going at it for a minute. Miz was able to make a tag to Bryan and they started a fast paced back and forth. Colby was pinned in our corner and Bryan ran from one corner to another and drop kicked him, but it was a botched spot and I ended up getting kicked too and knocked off the apron. I flew back and as soon as I landed I felt something pop and had instant pain in my knee.

"SHIT"

I didn't mean to yell it especially since we were live, but the pain in my knee was horrible. Jon came over to check on me when suddenly I'm being forcefully pulled up and thrown back in the ring. I couldn't even get up let alone try to continue to wrestle.

"What the hell is wrong with you? She's really hurt" was the last thing I heard before being dragged by my ankle away from the ropes. She might as well just cover me and get the win because I'm not even going to put up any kind of fight. I needed to get out of the ring. Instead of pinning me she put me in a kneebar submission hold. I screamed. It wasn't even about trying to sell it at this point. She was literally hurting me and it felt like everything in my knee was ripping apart as she torqued it. I tapped almost immediately. I rolled towards where I last saw the guys. Colby helped me off of the apron and I tried hobbling, but I couldn't even do that. Joe picked me up and carried me

"I'm sorry Kyla I didn't know you were really hurt"

He carried me to the trainers office and sat me down. He put his arm around me and I buried my face in his chest. This was freaking killing me. I didn't care if he wasn't talking to me or not he was there and I needed a shoulder or chest to cry on. This was very bad. I already knew something was wrong with my knee. I just didn't know how bad, but I did know it meant time away...a long time and that was something I felt I couldn't afford. He held me close for a minute and pulled me back and wiped the tears from my cheeks

"I have to go cut a fallout segment. I'll come back when I'm done OK?"

I nodded and he left. I sat there waiting for the doctor to come in and look at my knee. It was already throbbing but it was starting to bruise and swell as well. Helluva way to start off on the main roster...great... One of the trainers came in and gave me a bag of ice and told me to sit tight for a minute. I wish I had my phone so I could text Corey and Saraya. The door opened and Phil walked in looking concerned. I tried to hide the disappointment because I really thought Roman was coming back not realizing it had only been 5 or so minutes.

"Hey kid...how's the knee?"

I lifted the bag showing off the purple and black bulb that used to be my knee.

"I felt a pop when I landed and then Brie put me in that hold and it was all over. I felt like everything was ripping apart in there."

"It certainly doesn't look good...hate to say that but if you felt a pop that's not good."

Jon, Colby and Joe came back as the doctor came in. My heart was pounding in my chest. I was so nervous. I knew that I was going to be out a minimum 3 months and that was hoping whatever is wrong isn't that bad. He came over and took the bag of ice off of my knee and I heard the three of them kind of gasp a little

"Well, we know that once upon a time this was a knee. So what happened?"

"I was on the apron and the drop kick was botched and I was knocked off and when I hit the floor I felt a pop in my knee."

I heard one of them groan and then Jon mumbled "oh man" I quickly looked over

"What?"

"I said....oh man that shade of purple goes nicely with your eyes....."

"Liar"

"You said you felt a pop?"

I nodded. He felt around and then warned me that the next part will probably hurt. Great...like I didn't already hurt like crazy. I laid back and draped my arm over my eyes to hide that I was probably going to cry. At this point Joe was the only one in the room who had seen me cry. He started to perform the Lachman test, drawer test and pivot shift test. I held my breath and squeezed my eyes closed until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Joe smile at me.

"Alright Kyla you definitely need an MRI. It looks like you tore your ACL. I'm going to send you to Birmingham to Dr. Andrews. We'll get you some crutches. I want you to stay off of it. Dr. Andrews will email me your MRI and we'll go from there OK. I'll let Paul know."

I sat up and hung my head. This was not good. They wrapped my knee and gave me crutches which I've never used in my life and sent me on my way. I followed the guys back to their locker room. I had no idea how I was going to get my bags from the women's locker room or how I was even going to transport them. The guys took showers and packed and changed. I had to stay in my gear for now which was seriously uncomfortable. They started to head out to the rental car and Joe lagged behind to "walk" with me

"Is this a pity walk?"

"No. I feel bad that you're hurt. I want to help you."

I stopped in my tracks "That's called pity and I don't want it."

"Kyla stop. I know it's been kind of silent and awkward and I've been kind of a jerk to you, but I'm sorry. Please try to see this from my perspective. Look if you want Jon or whatever why would I stand in the way of that??"

"Well, for the record Jon and I are friends. That's it. Friends. I don't 'want' Jon. He's a flirt and sure I play into it, but believe me there's nothing there. Even he admits to it. So maybe next time before being a jerk and ignoring and avoiding me you should take the time to ask."

I started heading towards the building exit when he caught up to me and stopped in front of me. I paused and waited for him to say something. I raised my eyebrows and gave him a look. He stepped forward and kissed me catching me off guard at first. He pulled back and rested his forehead against mine and smiled. I blushed, looked down and shyly smiled.

"Colby was right about you. You are really shy"

I looked up and shook my head "Not really. You have to get to know me first."

"I never said that I didn't like it"

He kissed me again and I smiled as he pulled away and turned to walk out of the arena

"Really? Wow...you know if I didn't have these crutches you wouldn't be able to walk away from me like that."

He laughed "I know"

He held open the door and I hobbled my way out to the rental car. Joe went back inside to get my bags and Jon and Colby helped me into the car. He returned with my suitcase and put them in the trunk and got in the car next to me. Because the injury was my left knee I had to sit in the middle seat at an angle. This was so uncomfortable. I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. I turned around a little and he smiled. I laid back and he wrapped his arm me and I rested my head on his arm and smiled. Not exactly the way I was hoping to get his attention, but if the injury gets his attention then I guess I'm happy.