What Do You Want From Me?

He hung up the phone and pushed by me and walked away. I quickly wiped away the tears before he saw me. I reached up and held onto the pendant of the necklace he gave me and felt for the couch and sat down. I could hear him shuffling around in the bedroom and then came back and sat down in the chair again.

"Who was that?"

"Josh and Jon. They're picking me up and we're going to go out"

"But.....Can I come?"

"Why would you come Kyla? No, you can't. I don't want to deal with having to drag you around everywhere. I need guy time anyway."

"But I haven't seen you all week and you just got home"

"Kyla...you haven't 'seen' anything in months. What do you want from me Kyla? Huh? I need time away from you. I can't do this anymore. I'm so frustrated and tired of you playing this victim and using your blindness as an excuse. If you're so damn lonely call someone and go out. Quit depending on me. Quit looking to me for everything. All you do is sit in here an feel sorry for yourself all day. Get off your ass and do something. I'll be back later"

I heard him get up and the front door slam closed. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed. He'd been horribly mean lately, but tonight was the worst. I felt around for my phone

"Call Jon mobile"

"You have two contacts named Jon, and neither of them has a phone number"

I groaned in frustration at this stupid phone. I wish I had a phone that had buttons I could feel.

"Find me a cab"

"I found eleven cab companies...two of them are close to you:"

I sighed and just randomly pushed my finger on the screen hoping I actually hit something. The phone started ringing and I smiled and waited for someone to answer.  I explained that I was blind and needed a ride to the airport. I wasn't going to do this anymore. He needed to get away from me? I needed to get away from him. He doesn't love me anymore. He hates me and if he doesn't he sure treats me like he does. There was a knock on the front door. I felt around and found my purse and made sure my wallet was in there. I wasn't taking anything with me. There was no point in trying to travel with stuff I couldn't even carry anyway. The driver helped me to the car and drove me to the airport. He asked where I was flying to so he could drop me off at the right terminal. I got out of the cab and paid and stopped and stood there. I had no idea what I was going to do. Someone walked over and asked if I needed help. I told him my situation and he lead me to a ticket counter. I went up to the counter and bought a ticket and the girl found a police officer who was willing to help me get to my gate. I boarded the plane when I was called and waited to make the nearly 6 hour flight.

"What is the current time?"

"It is 7:58 pm"

I sighed realizing that I was going to be landing in the middle of the night. The flight attendant was really nice and even found me an employee of the airline that would escort me to my waiting cab at the airport in Vegas. We landed and the flight attendant walked me to the end of the tunnel and then I met up with the airline employee who was going to help me to the cab. I told her where I was trying to go on my phone and she told the cab driver. He drove me to the address I had on my phone

"Is it a house?"

"Yes"

"Are there lights on or a car in the driveway?"

I had to make sure he was even home

"Yes to both."

I paid for the cab and made my way up to the front door. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell