Breakfast

My eyes fluttered open and I heard the sound of soft snoring. I smiled to myself and looked up to see Joe sleeping with his arms around me. I laid my head back down and listened to the steady beat of his heart. I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep only to be awoken a short time later by my knee throbbing. I sat up, waking Joe, and grabbed my knee.

"You alright?"

"Sorry. I didn't meant to wake you up. My knee started throbbing. It really really hurts right now. I think it's from sleeping in this position."

"Let me get you some ice."

He got up and went to the kitchen. Corey came wandering into the kitchen half asleep and flopped down in the chair next to me.

"Corey...you want to put on some clothes? I mean I'm not the only one here with you."

He looked down at the fact that he was wearing just a pair of briefs and shrugged and got up to leave. Joe came back with a bag of ice and carefully placed it on my knee and propped up my leg on some pillows. I smiled and blushed. It was very sweet of him to do this for me. He came over and sat next to me and pulled me back so I was leaning against him. I looked up and smiled. He smiled back and softly kissed me

"SO when you're done with your knee we should go to breakfast. I'm starving"

"Me too. We can go now if you want. I'll be OK."

I got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom to rinse my mouth out, brush out my hair and fix my make up a bit. I walked out and made my way to the door where Joe was waiting. He took my hand and we walked out to his car. I couldn't stop smiling. I was so excited. If I could jump up and down I would. We got in the car and headed to breakfast. He stopped at a little hole in the wall and sat down. I'm such a kid. I ordered an orange juice and put the glass in front of me and bent over to drink it from a straw instead of lifting the glass and drinking that way. He laughed at me and I blushed and looked down. The waitress came and brought our food and I guess I wasn't paying attention or at least it didn't seem like he was ordering a lot of food when he said it, but she started setting down his plates. I looked down at mine and then back at his and laughed.

"I told you I was hungry." he laughed

"I guess so."

I ate half of my food and watched as he worked on his collection of plates. I continued working on my food until I saw him watching me. I blushed and looked down

"Kyla can I ask you something?"

I looked up "Sure"

"Well, I was curious why Corey caught you trying to sleep in the NXT building? Everyone had been trying to figure out for months who kept breaking the locks and that was before I left for the main roster."

"Oh...um...I was homeless....still am in a way. No one usually stayed late so I wasn't expecting to run into him."

"Homeless? Why?"

"Um...well...I...uh...four years ago when I turned 18 the children's home kicked me out because I was an adult. I wasn't always homeless there were times where I'd find a place to stay, but...yeah...um..."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"I don't exactly have a family I can go home to so I'd just stay at the park or whatever building I could find that was warm. I didn't get to have a life that other kids got to. I didn't go to normal high school, no homecoming, no prom, no football games, no pizza parties with best friends on Friday nights...I sat at a small desk at the school hall of the children's home day dreaming and wondering if there was something better out there."

"So you were adopted?"

I shook my head "Never adopted. I lived with foster families every now and again, but I mainly lived at the home."

He reached across the table and took my hand. I blushed and shyly smiled. I wasn't expecting to have to talk about this, but I guess when you're trying to get to know someone things like this happen. He paid for the breakfast and lead me out to the car. We stopped at the back of the car and he wrapped his arms around me and held me close. I smiled and closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest

"This better not be because you feel sorry for me. None of that pity stuff please. Yeah it seems sad, but I'm fine with it."

He pulled me back and smiled

"No, no pity. I just wanted to hold you."

I blushed and looked down "oh"

He gently raised my head and smiled "Always so shy"

I blushed again and looked down. He laughed and kissed me. I didn't want him to let go. I was enjoying every minute of this and could've done this all day. He pulled back and smiled and started to head towards the drivers side of the car. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back and wrapped my arms around his neck

"Why'd you leave?" I asked while making a pouting face

"Because we're standing in a parking lot." He chuckled "I didn't say I was taking you home yet. Lets go..."

"Go where?"

"I can't tell you. You have to trust me."

I pecked his lips and went over to the passenger side and got in the car.