Wedding Dance Part 1

Joe's POV:

The big group of us sat in this tiny room in the church getting dressed. For some reason Kyla was really on my mind today. I hadn't seen her since that day in the airport and Jon refuses to tell me how she's doing or what she's up to. I guess I don't particularly deserve to know after everything that happened. I don't even know if they're still together...probably not knowing how she is.

Josh: "Hey what are you doing still wearing that thing? Hasn't it been a year already since you two broke up? Get over it"

I took off the key part of the necklace I had given Kyla and put it in my pocket. I put it back on not long after the airport and I haven't taken it off since. I don't know why. She gave back her half of the necklace that day so I really shouldn't be wasting my time wearing it.

"I know I know I know...just leave me alone about it."

"If you love her so damn much why did you push her away and treat her like shit?"

"I don't love her so lets get that straight"

"That is a lie...a bold faced lie.  If you don't love her then why are you still wearing that? Didn't she give you back her half of it when you broke up?"

"Yes. That was the only part of the break up that even bothered her. She didn't love me in the end anyway."

"I wouldn't love you either if you treated me the way you treated her. She can't help that she ended up blind. Nothing about her changed...YOU changed. You went from boyfriend of the year to asshole of the year over night. You shouldn't have expected her to want to stay with you. She went to Jon because Jon was someone who cared about her and treated her the way she deserved."

I sighed in annoyance and put on my coat as we took our positions at the front by the alter. I scanned the audience and saw Jon sitting next to a girl I didn't recognize. She had her head on his shoulder and his arm was around her. I laughed to myself that he and Kyla weren't together anymore. I knew they'd never last. I stood there during the ceremony thinking about Kyla and how part of me wished this was something we would be doing. What the hell am I thinking? I also couldn't stop from darting my eyes over to Jon and this girl.  After the ceremony everyone filed out of the church and I couldn't help myself but make my way over to Jon and this girl. She was not the kind of girl I expected Jon to be with. She was very pretty, confident and happy.

"Hi Jon. How's it goin?"

"Uh...Hi? I'm fine."

"Good. How's Kyla?"

He gave me a weird look and then looked at the girl  "I'm fine Joe."

Kyla's POV:

He looked at me shocked. I guess he didn't recognize me or something, but it was really awkward.

"Well, that was weird" I mumbled to Jon

"Don't worry about it"

He took my hand and laced our fingers together. I smiled and pecked his lips

"I'm excited"

"Why is that?"

"Cuz these shoes make it so I don't have to stand on my tip toes to kiss you."

He laughed and we walked to the car and made our way to the reception.

Joe's POV:

I had to look like a complete idiot.  I didn't even recognize Kyla. She looked so different...so happy. I don't even think she was that happy with me when we were happy together.